Head pressure for an entire month

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had a very slight head pressure that's been there for about a month now. Weird thing is it's only on my left side of my head in one spot a few inches from my eyebrow. Some days I notice it a lot and others especially when busy I don't. I do know it's there tho. This past week I had two days where there was no pressure until like 5-7 in the evening. I thought maybe it was going away but alas it's been there the past 3 days now. I went to the doctor in July bc I was rly scared bc the pressure and diggin was was rly intense and it gradually was getting better by the time I made it to the Drs. She told me not to worry and if it were anything serious it would not be getting better but worse. I had a few days where everything was perfect. And then the pressure like I said is very slight came back on and only on left side. People have suggested tension headache, sinuses, jaw clenching or grinding my teeth at night. Onters have said anxiety but I rly don't freak out too much about it. I never have anxiety attacks about it just find my self worrying often about what it could be. I def cannot afford an MRI or cat scan of my head my insurance would pay some but it would still be about $1k rolleyes what do u all think I should do? I mean what if it's Christmas and it's STILL there?! Do I just leave it alone and hope it's anxiety and it'll go away. I keep telling myself it's not getting any worse so it's prob not w brain tumor or anything but what if it is?!? What if it's early stages and I'm not doing anything about it. I'm rly scared any advice would be great

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Accept your doctor's advice. If it was serious it would be getting worse, and it isn't.

why do you want an MRI? To prove your doctor wrong?

• Posted

No so I can put my mind at ease and stop worrying. Talked to my sis in law who works in the med field and she tells me she's pretty sure it's anxiety also and that people come into the ER quite often with my symptoms and it's anxiety. She gave me some techniques to try and I know I need to try them but as soon as I wake up in the morning I'm already searching for the head pain/pressure.

• Posted

So your sister doesn't think you need an MRI, either.

I'm a nurse and I also don't think you need one.

But go ahead if you must. People with anxiety disorder never believe their doctors and if you have an MRI (which will be normal) you'll worry that it missed something.

Sorry to sound rather negative, Lori. I understand you're worried. But I've seen this scenario so many times I can predict the outcome.

Good luck, anyway.

Love Tess x

• Posted

Well that's more reassurance for me to help me believe it's just anxiety. MRIs are rly expensive even with insurance covering so if perfer not to have one. I want to try and overcome this and I'm going to try the techniques my sis in law told me to try and see how things go. You don't sound negative it's ok to be blunt. I appreciate you taking the time to reply to me.

• Posted

I'm glad to try to help you, Lori.

Also glad you're going to try some techniques to beat this anxiety.

Love Tess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.