Head pressure has gotten worse :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

I posted a thread last weekend about my head pressure that's been going on since be beginning of August. It's been pretty dull and only one side of my head. No other symptoms. This past Thursday my head pressure/pain increased it went from (on a rating scale of 1-10) to about a 5. It feels like someone is squeezing one part of my what's. I notice at times some pressure under my eye behind my eye and my jaw bone sometimes hurts. I'm so scared that it gotten worse. The thing is, is every morning I wake up and there's no pain there at all. Typically it doesn't start until a few hours into my day and by late afternoon early evening it starts getting worse. Friday night it felt the worst at about a 6. I'm so scared and am planning to make a dr appt this week and see about getting a CT scan done. I'm starting to rly worry this is a tumor and not anxiety. I can't relax or rly enjoy life bc I'm so scared that I'm just going to die any day now. Everyone in my life knows I've always been anxious and worried about my health. They all seem so certain it isn't a brain tumor but I need to get some peace of mind for myself. 6 weeks of head pain isn't normal but I do find peace knowing I haven't had any other scary symptoms. Anyone have advice or comforting words? I just feel alone and scared all the time.

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well I can tell you first hand that I have this same exact sensations and symptoms with my head if not.more and I've been to the neurologist and had MRI of my brain , head and neck and I was fine according to the testing and the Dr. But.it doesn't stop me from being scared to death because I can't believe anxiety can cause such crucial pains and sensations without being something serious , I've been going through this for months on and of . so try not to worry yourself it definitely sounds like anxiety

• Posted

Thank you. That is some good reassurance for me right now bc idk when I might be able to get into see the doctor and possibly get a CT scan. I'm sorry you're going through this too. It's so scary and not a fun way to live. I try my best to distract myself from it but it's hard

• Posted

Yeah its very tough to deal with . I'm here if you need to talk

• Posted

Thank you. Did your head pain start randomly one day? And did it get worse over time? Does meds help? Typical Ib profen doesn't help at all that scares me

• Posted

Yes the head pains came out of nowhere 😩, and some days are worse than others , every once in a while ibprofen works but the majority of the time it doesn't work at all , like as of earlier today , I've Ben having sharp pains near my right temple on and off I.took a ibuprofen 2 hours ago and nothing , pain is still there . this is so sad and crazy

• Posted

That sounds like me, 3 weeks ago I went to the hospital with a headache. They did a ct scan on me it came out normal. Then they did a lumbar puncture on me that took the dr well over a half hour of jabbing me in the back anyways it had blood in it, so she thought I was having a brain anurisom, took me by ambulance to another hospital. They did a ct scan on my with contrast and came out normal, they sent me home after a bunch of other test and said I was having cluster migraines. I went back a few says later and they did another spinal tap on me came out completely normal again. Said im having migraines. Went to my drs a few days later she said I had a sinus infection. Put me on a bunch of medications. I went to a ent, they said I didnt have a sinus infwction but could have because I was on meds a week before I even went there. Anyways I had a follow up with my dr and she thinks I have anxiety from everything I went through. Now I am anxious all the time. Scared there is something wrong with me when they have done every test possible. Every little pain I have I want to run to the hospital. Im so scared all the time. It has got a little better since it first started. Im just so scared and my anxiety is getting out of control
    • Posted

Yes anxiety just feeds off of our fears , and mine is through the roof ,I don't know if this little sharp pain near my temle is sinus related or not , but my eyes itch a little , and they are catering, and my nose is kind of stuffed up , I went swimming yesterday in a heated pool , then got in the hot tub , then went in the hotel room which the air condition was on like 65 I don't know what the issue is but its just all scary and driving me crazy as always . I'm so sick of having to deal with anxiety and all its scary weird sensations and feeling and symptoms !!!

• Posted

doesnt the lumbar puncture hurt? You were thouroughly tested.impressive.
    • Posted

No Lisa I didn't , I'm not ready I don't think I'm still struggling with the decision

• Posted

Yes it did. I have 3 of them. I kinda wonder if rhat is part of my headache also
    • Posted

Whats the struggle? Honestly, If you can do it without them thats okay as well. 
    • Posted

Lisa to be perfectly honest I think I can but if it gets to out of hand I'm going to have no other choice but to take the meds , I tell you this I won't let this anxiety take me under

• Posted

Good for you! Ill tell you a little secret you can manage it but you have to get to the point your very determined. Then the fear if it all falls by the wayside because its more of a i got this kind of attitude. You do your best. You always have a back up plan.
    • Posted

Wow Threes alot.thats an extremly effective thing they test your fluids. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.