Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +2 following
zlatka1990 zlatka1990

Headache for 4 months - ear and sinus pressure (Candida?)

Hi! I'm a 26 year old female with no serious health issues until recently.

It all started 4-5 months ago. I was constantly sick, had 3 flues in 1,5 month and normally have them once or twice a year. For my first flu I took antibiotic and for the other didn't take any medicine. My blood results were all OK all the time (did them 4 times in these couple of months): blood sugar, iron, hormones: everything was and still is OK. Then 3,5 months ago I started to have strange sensations in my head. At first it felt like low blood pressure (I have lower blood pressure my entire life, but it's in normal range), tiredness and sinus pain. I was sometimes sensitive to neon light and computer screen at work seemed to be too light even if it's always the same. I though it was migraine or tension headache, but then it started to happen almost on a daily basis. I would drink lots of water, took an extra coffee, even the pills but nothing helped. It wasn't such a terrible headache, more like pressure in sinuses and constant tiredness, especially in the morning. Sometimes when I walk, talk or laugh, I get the feeling that my head gets full of air which can't come out of my head and this feels like my head is blocked. The pressure ''moves'' through my head from the center to both sides. If I don't sit or relax in the worst moments, it seems like I will fall down or fall asleep. My ears always seem to be clogged since approx. 2 months, so I have been also experiencing dizziness, especially in situations where I am more involved (when talking or listening to people, or eating).   

I noticed that it gets worse on cloudy days, when I'm more tired, if I'm in a room without windows or with neon lights (stores, offices).

I did allergy tests, it turned out that the only allergy I have is to fungus and molds, and it was classified as mild. The doctors gave me sprays (antihistaminic) and medications, but they didn't help. I even felt more pressure in my sinuses so I stopped taking them after 3-4 weeks. I did a complete scan of sinuses and ORL exam – the conclusion is that I have a small nose deviation and allergic rhinosinusitis, which can cause pressure in sinuses and ears. But I have this deviation all the time and I am used to a light postnasal drip (I have it constantly for at least 10 years). Moreover, my recent blood test don't show any tendency for allergies and my problems are now showing on a daily basis, no matter where I am and what I do.

I also went to several neurologists and did EEG – everything's OK. My vision is also great, have no diopter at all, no pressure.

Other symptoms I had/have: white tongue (all the time), joint and muscle stiffness (not pain – especially knees, neck and shoulders; doesn't bother me much), feeling of having high temperature or feeling drunk/sunburnt (it happens every couple of days); feeling dehydrated even if I drink 3 litres of water a day: dry mouth and throat (recently, every day); dry eyes with floaters (sometimes), rash on my hands (rarely); nausea (because of dry mouth and blocked ears); feeling I can't breathe properly (it happens from time to time; doesn't bother me); tiredness, especially during and after lunch; mood changing (I became more sensitive to stress, so I react more than usual both to good and bad news); heavier PMS than usual.

Two months ago I had also some problems with insomnia and faster heart beating which lasted for 1-2 weeks, but is gone spontaneously.

By accidence I saw the reason for this could be Candida overgrowth. Before this all started to happen, I was tired all the time (with no other symptoms), used to eat a lot of carbs and junk food and drank a bottle of Coke every day, was also stressed at work.

I didn't connect it before 1 month ago, when I did Candida antibody test from blood. It turned out positive, but only IgG positive, which meant I've had a chronic candisiasis for about 6 months. However, what worries me is that my result is only 34 (normal range is up to 30, and the maximum is 123). Is it possible that all my symptoms come from that? I did also other tests to prove Candida, but they couldn't isolate Candida from my nose, throat and mouth.

I started anti-candida diet a month ago and started taking supplements (probiotics, coconut oil, lemon, garlic) but I still don't see the results. I know I have to be patient, but am wondering if these could be signs of other illnesses too – any ideas? Help from Candida sufferers would be much appreciated. Please let me also know if you recognize signs of other diagnosis in my description. Thank you!

2 Replies

• danR danR zlatka1990

Hi zlatka1990, you mentioned that you take supplements. To prevent an overgrowth of yeasts it would be beneficial to eat probiotic soured milk products like yoghurt or even better homemade kefir.

These contain acid resistant Lactobacillus type bacteria that colonise the gut and vagina. It is best to eat a small quantity every day for several months. If you are milk intolerant you could try Lactobacillus capsules.

If you feel dehydrated you might not get enough minerals like K, Ca, Mg, and Na. If you drink a lot of water make sure to drink mineral water and not filtered or boiled water. Three litres seems a bit much, just saying. A low Sodium (Na) level for example can cause serious problems like low blood pressure and heart rate or even seizures.

You might want to read about reactive arthritis. Some symptoms like joint pain, skin rash, and a recent infection match the profile of this syndrome.

Good luck.

• danR danR

Forgot to add: To improve a white tongue you can brush your tongue every evening. Do it super gently without much scrubbing. Even better if you use a toothpaste or gel containing Chlorhexidine like Corsodil.

I did that for a few weeks (with regular toothpaste) and my tongue became pink again.

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.