Headache for 6 days!!! scared to death please help me!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am 48 years old and I think Perimenopausal.  I got my period five days early this month finished yesterday.  Got a headache last week, taking OTC's for pain.  Takes the edge off, haven't been sleeping well and under a lot of stress and have had many family upsetting problems.  I was diagnosed with Bronchitis 2 weeks ago, post nasal drip and congested cough.  I was given Amoxicilin but only took it for 4 days then stopped because I felt better. (stupid) Now I have a achy headache that is on top of my head and around my head.  My eyes hurt and sometimes burn. My nose is bloody when I blow my nose and very dry.  Still have a bit of a cough and post nasal drip.  Pain comes and goes, gets a bit worse then subsides.  Could this be a sinus infection? I had a MRI 4 years ago and Cervical Spine MRI all normal.  I am really scared this will not go away and I am scared I have something more serious.. need advice please help me out..thank yousad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like so sinusitis v painful serious headaches and around face

the fact you have a dry nose indicates you are infected and blocked up

sniff up warm salted water so you can hopefully flush out sinuses

go to gp tomorrow as serious sinusitis needs investigation

try not to take cold remedies as they dry up the nose but that can cause impaction

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, this site is such a comfort.  I will take your advice..very cold this time of year lately and that doesn't help. Thank you again!!

• Posted

There's nothing quite like sinus pain, as anyone who has ever had it will know.  Not like a normal headache at all.  Your teeth can ache, your ears can ache, your cheeks can ache, not at all pleasant.   Hopefully you will start to feel better soon.  Silly to have stopped taking the antibiotics too early!   By the way, did you know that you can get more headaches from taking painkillers, called rebound headaches so be careful not to take too many.
    • Posted

Yes, thank you for your reply.I read about rebound headaches earlier..sounds like my situation. Staying on antibiotics now and will go to GP if I don't feel much better when I am done with them.  It is such a good feeling to have this site to turn too.  Health anxiety is horrible!! thank God for all of the wonderful caring people who take the time to help out. Thanks again!!

• Posted

I get headaches a lot too. Mri was clean. I was on sinus meds. Stress. Tension headaches from anxiety. Im going to start this mindful breathing thing i fiund on the internet. Stress gives headaches.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.