Headache's and migranes?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Morning ladies.

im experiencing more headaches and migranes than usuall?

i have been to a doctor and ran through loads of tests and was stumped as to why I was getting these?

i suffer with migranes and have medication with these but the headaches?

ive not really had so many lately?

i drink plenty of water and eat fairly healthy BUT iam in peri soooo wondering if this was the reason?

i usually start with pain in my back or neck which then migrate to either a full blown migrane then subsides to a headach

is this normal when in peri ? Any advice /help of any ladies would be a massive help?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi shelly, migraines were my first real peri symptom without knowing I was in peri, if that makes sense.  Doctors did not tell me that it might be start of peri but I knew they were hormonal.  I used to get the odd migraine, maybe one a year or less before they hit hard about 5 years ago.  It started with migraine maybe 3 times a year, the following year every 3 months, then increased to one a month, then two a month.  it got to a stage where I could no longer blame any triggers, I was only told that I was in peri last year when other symptoms hit and my FSH levels were checked, after five years suffering with increasing migraine frequency.   I may get one a month now, but sometimes I don't get one.  But they are definitely not as frequent now.
  • Posted

Hi,

I have been really irritated with headaches lately.  I dont drink or do anything else which would particularly aggravate them. I drink plenty of water, take recommended vitamins etc. but I often wake up with a headache which is really hard to shake off. I keep trying to not take pain killers, but at some point in the day, when the headache is still there, I end up doing so.

I agree - any advice about this one would be really good.

• Posted

Many thanks to you both,

metamorphed and ursulauce62,

yes advice is certainly needed of someone!!!!!!

i suffer with migranes and have done for 20plus years, BUT ...........

just lately I'm suffering with a lot of headaches though I think it's because im in peri?!!!!

i can tolerate headaches BUT sometimes they can become worse and end up with a migrane......

i drink plenty of water and eat healthy, I cannot think what I'm doing wrong all I can think is it's another symptom of peri,

Just when I get it puts a damper on my day and carnt really do things that I want to do ( no energy)?

its VERY FRUSTRATING!!!!!

• Posted

It sounds like carotidynia. I too suffer. It starts as a pain in my left carotid artery region of my neck, then I get a really bad headache during ovulation and my period, incidentally the neck pain disappears when period arrives. It's all very odd this peri malarkey x
  • Posted

Dear Shelly,

I never really suffered with headaches/migraines but in peri i did get more headaches and although no migraines as such but migraine auras with sometimes eye pain

• Posted

Hi Shelly,

I wasn't really a headache person until peri and at some points had them daily, so I would say yes it must be to do with hormones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.