Headaches

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I,m new to the group ,I would like to ask,if anyone has experienced bad headaches with fibromyalgia,as I am getting rather a lot,and my GP suggests it could be to do with my FM. 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Marlene,

I was getting headaches a few months ago. I wasn't sleeping properly and was very anxious. I never had headaches before my fibromyalgia started last jan., so I'm sure it was related. The pain was on my right side and mainly like a burning sensation behind my eye and down my neck. They weren't very bad though. Have started sleeping better again and the headaches have gone. Hopefully yours will go too.

Marie

• Posted

I have had bad headachs on and of since i got fibro but this one i've got now i've had for over 6 months now and my gp will not do anythink about it hun
    • Posted

Sorry, that sounds awful. Maybe he/she just doesn't know what to do with it. Are you on meds already? Have you tried yoga or relaxation of any sort?
    • Posted

Yes im on meds i've tried all sorts but nothing works.i carnt do yoga as i am disabled hun 
    • Posted

you could try meditation cd .or even an hypnosis cd for headaches or pain they do work with practise not over night .

• Posted

Hi

I get headaches a couple of times a week think it's defiantly due to fm especially if  tired 

• Posted

on this occasion your gp is proberly right ,headaches are a very common symptom of fibro , if you have ever looked up the symptoms you would no that there are at least 26 listed symptoms of fibro headaches being one of them.

if you were prone to them before your proberly more likely to get them early on

i was lucky i never really suffered from headaches so my headaches came later on in my condition and after a fall that broke my nose .

• Posted

Thankyou for all your comments, I don,t feel so alone with it now, it,s good to have someone to talk to . 
  • Posted

Exactly where are the headaches? Describe how they feel please. And any other symptoms that may accompany them. Any little thing, tell me. I will read it all & try to help.
    • Posted

Hi, these headaches are all on one side, by my ear and above into the temple.  No other symptoms though. 
  • Posted

Always had bad headaches.  If I don't take painkillers when I can first feel the headache it can grow into being so bad I can't stand any noise, smells, light, stand up and I feel sick. Probably the Fibro or my ME/CFS
    • Posted

Sounds like a migraine or cervical issue of some sort, not your fibro. Never heard of that kind of headache with FMS so you may have two separate issues. Not saying its not possible, just haven't heard of it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.