Headaches

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone find they are getting more headaches?  I'm 51 and my periods are all over the place, I can cope with that but the headaches are getting me down.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes - unfortunately headaches are a big problem for me as well. Prior to menopause I would get a migraine right before my period. When peri-menopause started they started happening more frequently. Now that I am in full blown meno, I battle headaches at least 2x /week and real migraines at least 3x / month. It's brutal and exhausting. I take magnesium faithfully as I've read it can really help but it hasn't made a difference for me.

• Posted

Yes...  years ago I would get headaches right before my period and my sister had them too.  Now they come and go and mine are between the eyes, forehead.  At work I saw a woman use nasal spray and she gets headaches due to sinus.  So now I use nasal spray-- I think it helps.  I also bought some sinus headaches meds.   I have them for about 2 days then it's gone..

• Posted

Hi I'm 51 also and I get more headaches too. They can last for up to 3 days. Do yours shift from one side to the other. They are called hormonal headaches I believe !!!

• Posted

I’m 56 and I get the headaches too.  I’ve always gotten bad headaches a day or two before my period and I still get them.  They last about 4 days and usually my blood pressure is up a bit too.  I get them behind and above my eyes and the back of my head into my neck.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.