Headaches and off balance

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been off my work for 6 weeks and I feel off balance a lack of coordination and generally spaced out. I feel the pressure at the back of my head and sometimes it can move up to the middle. I have been to the opticians 4 times and she said everything was perfectly fine. The doctor has increased my citalopram and said it is health anxiety. Please help I am so worried.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have good reason to believe that your doctor is quite correct in his diagnosis.

Don't expect the increase dosage of citalopram to work immedialety, it could take a couple up to a month to kick in.

What were your last blood pressure readings? 

• Posted

That should have read 'it could take up to a month to kick-in'.
  • Posted

Stress can cause a lot of different random physical symptoms and a majority of physical problems are caused by stress.  try to avoid going to the opticians and see how you are after the citalopram has begun to work.  Please try to believe your doctor and not think he is missing something or misdiagnosed you and this will make your symptoms worse and cause a vicious cycle.  I agree with the other poster that it sounds anxiety related.  The best thing to do is try some relaxation techniques...perhaps look on the internet for something or use some that you know works for you. And exercise will help a lot as well.  Keeping your mind occupied will help as well and feeling the pains and weird symptoms but just let them happen instead of concentrate on them as well.  Take care xx
  • Posted

I have had this alot off ballance feeling I have good days and bad, just try not to worry to much when it happens just remember its just anxiety, i know its hard but it will fade along with your anxiety.
  • Posted

This is not anxiety Sonia, although the symptoms can cause anxiety. All these feelings in the head stem from diet & the digestive system, I'm not a doctor but from my experience, the pains & numbness in the head neck & shoulders are all due to either pressure build up from intestinal gases or the effect of that on the nervous system.

Good advice would be change your habits , if you smoke or vape please give those up, your sinus cavities will gradually clear , how long , depending on severity of blockage.

Eating or drinking papaya fruit & oranges or tangerines will help your digestive system tremendously , steer away from dairy products , although small amounts of milk is fine.

Papaya in drink or eating direct is a brilliant detoxifier & has tons of vitamins including over 300percent of your dayly need of vitimin C.

Hope this will help even more than my last post . ..... Get well Sonia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.