Headaches, depression and HRT

Posted , 5 users are following.

every day I have a headache. EVERYDAY! brain scans clear. blood tests all normal except hormones that have plummeted into menopause levels despite still getting the occasional period. I have hot flashes sometimes and low levels of depression. but mostly its the HEADACHE. Has anyone had success relieving headaches and depression with HRT? I hear HRT can make headaches worse?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

i was getting four of five headaches a week a few years ago and accupuncture turned it around for me.

i was missing at least one day a week of work but down to just one headache a month now and only when i have my period.

please do try accupuncture x

• Posted

Helen, it was suggested to me to try acupuncture for headaches, but I am a wimp. I remember reading that some people feel faint after acupuncture. After reading that, I was to afraid to try it,

• Posted

i never feel faint, just relaxed. if You are in south east england i would highly recommend my accupubcturist. he trained in China And is brilliant

I am sure most practictioners would be happy to speak to a nervous patient first

i never feel the needles ; they are so fine. i have one point in my hand that i dont like a needle in on my hand so he avoids that.

plase pluck up courage to try : x

• Posted

Hi, I agree with acupuncture. Please give it a try. I went through a long series of daily headaches. The only relief was through acupuncture. Plus, as a migraine sufferer, I'm told to avoid any Rx with hormones as it increases stroke risk if you get migraines. Not what you wanted to hear, but please consult your doctor and let them know you have headaches. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.