Headaches for 2 months help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I hope someone can help, I have been having headaches and kind of blurred vision 24/7 for 9 weeks now the doctor has tried all different tablets but nothing has worked so i have been scheduled to see a nurologist and get ct scan.does anyone know how long it takes to receive results of ct scan? so worried i have a brain tumour im only 30 and have a child so im really worried :-(

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

If your dr was really worried he would have sent you straight to A+E for a start.  So try not to worry.

The results of the scan will be known straight away, so if there is anything serious going on you will know, they wont send you home and have to wait another week or so to hear from your GP.

We are hear to listen and support you Ashleyxh as best we can ok

Can you tell me what meds you have tried please?

Best wishes

• Posted

Hi thank you very much for your advice 😊

I have asthma and epilepsy so the doc has been limited on what she can give me , so far she has given me strong doze of cocodamol, naproxen lower dose and higher dose which didnt help and now pizotifen 1 at night , im climbing the walls with it now :-(

• Posted

Yes, pizotifen doesnt suit everybody. can you call your emergency dr and explain you need something to deal with this.  If they wont give you sumatriptan, which is excellant but again doesnt suit everybody, maybe they will give you steroids until they get the right meds for you.  This is what had to happen to me
    • Posted

My doctor has said she has tried all medication she can that wont cause any reactions to my asthma or epilepsy which is a pain as i have a scan this week but dont see a nurologist for 3 weeks.

is sumatriptan used for headaches that are there 24/7 and also if you dont mind me asking do you experience some dizzyness and heart palpitations sometimes? im worrying myself sick.

• Posted

Hey now you are weemax lol.  Ok so you are probably getting the dizziness and racing heart due to stress, as I have had this too, so try and calm down.  Like I said, the dr would have sent you straight to A+E if they suspected anything serious going on.  But I am not a dr so I do suggest you seeing her again soon to maybe get a ecg which they can do there and then to check your heart.

All I can say is sumatriptan works for me.

its good you have the scan this week, then you will know more whats going on.

but in the short term steroids would help and they are sometimes given to people with asthma as well

• Posted

yes changed to weeme x 😊just new to this .

i do think part of it is stress its so hard not to think the worst isnt it especially having a family and going on google lol

thank you youve been a great help , i woll mention these to the doctor.

• Posted

its ok to do google searches to get an idea, but you do need the proper tests and talk to the drs to resolve things.

I hope you are a bit calmer now and with the calmness your heart rate will slow down and you will feel a bit better.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Will be thinking of you,

Take care

• Posted

thanks a lot , im praying its nothing sinister.

you have been great help

take care too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.