Heading off to SURGERY!

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi All!

Heading off for my second TKR!

Surgery at 8am.

Will let you know how things went as soon as I am out of recovery!

Sending out prayers for anyone else having surgery today!

Hey there, Elaine and BusterBeans! Hope all is going good for you both today following your surgeries this week!

Up, up, and AWAY!

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck cheryl. I'm sure things will go well and you'll have a speedy recovery.
  • Posted

Cheryl90571

Good luck Cheryl, hope you have a gentle few days following your second TKR.

Hang in there if pain becomes too much at times, take all the pain meds you need and just think how great you'll be walking with 2 new knees.

Power to you, God bless.

• Posted

Hope all has gone well, and that when you read this hou will be alll snug in bed with everything done, wishing you a great recovery xxxx
  • Posted

Wishing all the best, and loving your positive attitude about it!

Look forward to how great you are doing!

• Posted

Alll the best cheryl.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Thank you everyone!

My surgery went GREAT!

I actually am feeling like I did about week two of my last knee surgery!

I can move MUCH BETTER, have no nausea like last time, and pain is minimal thanks to my nerve block and Toradol!

I ate my chicken noodle soup, egg salad sandwich, peaches and had two milks. All tasty! I actually had an appetite!

I am very thankful that things went so well. Thank you to everyone for your kindness in wishing me well and especially for the thoughts and prayers!

• Posted

Congratulations Cheryl! Such great news for the start of an easy recovery.
    • Posted

Yes! I am quite pleasantly surprised!

Doc said my old knee looked VERY PAINFUL.

He was glad I didn't wait any longer for surgery.

Me, too!

Thanks for thinking of me!

• Posted

Yay! That is so wonderful!! I am so happy for you!

So here is to easier PT and recovery! smile

• Posted

Cheryl 90571

So happy your having a good experience Cheryl. The fact you have no nausea and little pain is wonderful to hear, and your appetite is in tact. All good signs.

I'm curious to hear of people who are given a pain bloc. It wasn't even offered to me, dont understand how different methods are given where in the world you live. There seems to be no standard across the board.

Once again keep up the great recovery. Your an inspiration to us all.

• Posted

Thanks, Margaret!

Things continue to go well, and I am VERY grateful for that!

Yes, there are many different plans of care for Total Knee Replacements.

I'm in Ohio, USA, and even here there are varying treatments even from hospital to hospital and doctor to doctor.

• Posted

Margaret, where are you located?

I'm in south Florida and I was offered the option. They explained the difference between having it or not, and I opted to have it.

I agree, it seems strange there should be such differences between places.

• Posted

Hi debz13

I am in the UK. It appears there are as many different care plans as there are days in the year. I'm almost 5wks PO with L TKR. And the band of stiffness is as bad as week 1. Each day I ask myself will the stiffness/pressure around my knee ease a little today, and each day it's a no. There has to be some release soon surely. I'm doing my rehab and making up a few of my own to ring the changes.

I live in hope of a breakthrough. Good wishes to you.

• Posted

My revision is in just over 2 weeks. A brand new surgeon, who has told me that this time there will be no tournequet, a spinal, & a painblocker in my groin, plus sedation if I want it (I DO!!!!). No paper pants, (my own, as long as they are cotton, & no catheter) - I am in the UK, & the revision is being done in Derriford hospital, Plymouth. Wish I'd had this man 1st time around!
    • Posted

Margaret, I will be 8 wks post L TKR on Monday. The tightness of the band around my knee began easing at about 6 wks. It's still there, but not as bad.

Just keep doing your rehab, and I bet you will feel some change soon.

Good wishes to you, too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.