Health Aniexty - feeling low

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey Everyone! Just new to the forum as hoping to find some help or advice from all you lovely people

as the past 4 years I have been suffering with severe Health Aniexty. I am a natural worrier and after I had my daughter this has got worse. I would say I had postnal depression which was never confirmed but since then I have awful bouts of Health Aniexty. It can be anything from a sore head thinking it's a tumour, sore stomach thinking it's my appendix, just to give you a few examples. I have been to my doctors lots and they just don't seem to want to help or be bothered , I feel like a nuisance. I have kept this to myself all this time but lately it got so bad I have told my mum and she agrees I do need help.

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Awww u poor thing u are completely not alone, im exactly the same and i know exactly how u are feeling, i just joined this forum.this morning as i have been really bad with this HA its awful but there are some lovely people on here exactly the same as u and i☺ mine has been goin on for a while now and got so much more worse in the last few months, im scared of cervical cancer atm as ive been losing brownish discharge when im not even due my period 😢 i have convinced myself that ive got it. Ive also worried about breast cancer, brain tumor, bowel cancer, also appendix as i had a sickness bug and was convinced my appendix were goin to burst inside me😣 i also have two beautiful children one whos 5 and one whos 2, my fear is something bad is goin to happen to me and they wont have their mum... it breaks my heart to think about it, so i can deffo say im on the same wavelength as u as are many others xxx
    • Posted

Thank you Nicola it really is awful! You sound so like me if it's not cancer, tumors, strokes, heart attack, it's just something every week.my panic too is my wee kids what will happen to them if something happens me.Im getting worse too, i worry about being left alone with my kids incase I take ill and nobody finds me to help look after them, it's mental writing this but it's my life! I used to be so outgoing and fun now I can't be bothered and in a panic all the time.my doctor prescribed tablets but I didn't take them as the leaflet said things about sucidal thoughts and I was scared to take them. I did try CBT therapy before and did slightly work but wouldn't mind trying again. I found a lump in my breast the other week and found out I will have to wait 6 weeks for an appointment, that's mad! When your a mum it's so much worse as you fear the worse don't you. So tonight after nearly having a panic attack as I has stomach pains I decided to look for a forum to join and hear I am! Better than looking up my illness on the internet! Lovely speaking to you and think we might be in touch supporting each other quite a bit xxx 
  • Posted

Oh and forgot to mention ive been to the doctors plenty of times and in the end i asked to be referred for therapy, i start this on wednesday so im praying it works, the doctor as given me antidepressants but never taken them as i personally think sometimes they mask the problem, also dont like taking anything like that when ive 2 little ones to look after. Im not saying they are a bad thing as they do work for some people x
    • Posted

OMG u sound exactly like me hun, we are in the same boat, thats another reason i didnt take my tablets as i did the same as u and read the leaflet and thought the last thing i need is suicidal thoughts as i allready feel so low!! U have done the best thing coming on here thats why i did this morning, panic attacks are awful i have had so many that have affected me in different ways, ive had stiffness allover my body, dizzyness and head feeling tight, shaking, my hands last week went into spazm like cramp and couldnt control them and it scared the hell out of me. Its also affecting my eating now as i cant eat i feel that sick. Please please dont feel alone xxx
    • Posted

We are a pair lol! When I take panic attacks my heart races, I start to get shivery and start to be sick! We went to a wedding a few weeks ago and it was quite a bit away involving an overnight. I was giggling if there were hospitals close by incase I took ill! All day I was a nervous wreck and when we got there I was so by myself incase I took ill I started to panic - being sick, shaking. But as usual I had no choice but to put a brave face on and be social. I didn't eat the whole day incase I was sick, but then I started to enjoy myself and the day passed. But that's just an example of how bad it gets. Like you I have lower abdominal pains and am obsessed it cervical cancer or ovarian. But I've just had a smear, ultrasounds the works and all clear ! So that has settled me that way. This week I took the cold/flu and it's been bad I thought I had meningitis, tonight when I are my tea I felt so sick - I was ready for doctor on call (I've already called them twice this weekend for antibiotics). Last year one day I had a sore head and had myself convinced I had a brain tumour, the next thing I had a cramp all done my right side arm, foot, face even my tongue (just kle your last week) I went mad thought I was having a stroke, because of the symptons the doctor seen me ASAP and it wasn't just a migraine but since en I'm obsessed incase a headache is a stroke.

It all sounds mental but what can we do, as they say it's all in the mind xx 

• Posted

Ive just read ur stuff to my partner and he laughed (not in a horrible way) he said omg she is like a clone of u (me) lol😀 its madness isnt it, get this.... i went to asda last tuesday to do the weekly shop and felt i didnt want to go in the first place but forced myself... this resulted in me only just getting to the second isle and bursting in to tears and begging gaz for the car keys so i could go 😁 i ran through asda crying and having a panic attack it was really busy too 😠 i felt a right idiot after but for some strange reason i couldnt deal with being in bloody asda lol, ive got the dull ache in the bottom of my bk that is a sign too which is scaring me, and bits of pains in my legs, not sure whats what anymore, i just hope everything will be ok wen i go docs, really think u should go bk to CBT though and stick it out this time xxx
    • Posted

I just read my typing awful! Time I got auto type on this iPad lol!

yes I did that in Asda one day too - a headache and I thought I was for collapsing! 

Sometimes you know the pains, pins & needles are signs of aniexty in our bodies. I try to tell myself this. I always get a sore left arm and am convinced it's a heart attack ! But on a serious note several years ago my lung collapsed and I was very ill hospitalised for a week so I think this also hasn't helped with this problem. As this was a big shock.

the CBT I did was online apparently the waiting lists for one to one are so long! I think you will be okay but just go get checked out to be sure and set your mind at ease too. 

• Posted

God reading all this I am just glad there is people the same out there, I have the same thoughts!! Tonight I was getting a slight pain near my heart and that was me I was convinced I was about to have a heart attack, I have also had the conversation with my daughter if anything happens to me would she know who to phone? It's mental but how our minds work!! I've had anxiety now for the past 6 years and it all started really bad not long after I had my daughter- had a few bouts before that when I was 17, 18 but nothing like now!! I'm the same with going places I over analyse everything! Hate anywhere that's busy I'm just glad we now have online shopping! smile
    • Posted

Hi! Oh yes my eldest knows who to ring, when to ring etc! Bless them they don't really understand and I don't think I would want them too. It really is awful but I do try to get out - I work part-time so that helps  if I sat in everyday I would be mental and prob seriously depressed with my health issues. I also  try at least once a week to go out shopping. I love clothes but never find anything that suits me and always think I font look well, but again that's prob in my head. I've up just lost all my confidence I used to be do bubbly, confident, loved life, didn't care what anyone thought and lived it to the full - my goal is to get back to this someday xx 
    • Posted

I honestly think having children brings a lot of it on as we are responsible for them and the thought of anything happening to us and us not being there for them... well it scares the s*** out of us!! Everybody has anxiety but its just most people can control it and some of us struggle to control it and end up blubbering wrecks with awful thoughts, at least we all feel the same on here xx
    • Posted

Hi! Oh yes my eldest knows who to ring, when to ring etc! Bless them they don't really understand and I don't think I would want them too. It really is awful but I do try to get out - I work part-time so that helps  if I sat in everyday I would be mental and prob seriously depressed with my health issues. I also  try at least once a week to go out shopping. I love clothes but never find anything that suits me and always think I font look well, but again that's prob in my head. I've up just lost all my confidence I used to be do bubbly, confident, loved life, didn't care what anyone thought and lived it to the full - my goal is to get back to this someday xx 
    • Posted

I honestly think having children brings a lot of it on as we are responsible for them and the thought of anything happening to us and us not being there for them... well it scares the s*** out of us!! Everybody has anxiety but its just most people can control it and some of us struggle to control it and end up blubbering wrecks with awful thoughts, at least we all feel the same on here xx
    • Posted

Children are a worry, I always look at them and think of what I would miss out on if anything happened. My little girl started nursery this year on th open day a girl with her little boy was there - it was very obvious the girl wasn't well seriously ill, but she was trying. The next week she died of cancer , I heard this being told to other parents and it really shook me up,she wasn't much older than me and every time I see the wee boy I could cry.when they do something at nursery I just think that poor lady didn't get to see this. It really plays in my mind. Makes you relapse how important enjoying every second matters xx 
  • Posted

Yeh I must admit I have good days and bad days but force myself at times to do things but get myself so worked up the night before that when it comes to it I'm a wreck, also given up on all alcohol as this makes me worse- next day is a total wipeout with anxiety!! I work FT but get by, some days in work can be bad but I just take myself away from the Situation and it passes eventually, only some of my work colleagues know but I don't want a lot of people knowing about it cause that makes me think more at what they are thinking about me :-S but I'm hopeful one day we will all be back to our bubbly selfs!! I'm also the same with the asda shop, I make sure it's quiet when I go and I mostly get it delivered now because I've had a few anxiety episodes where I've just had to get out and back to the car xx
    • Posted

Its an awful feeling isnt it as no matter how hard u try u cant seem to shake off that feeling or thoughts😕 i just pray that we all get sorted and get bk to normal, we are just living in fear day in day out its not a nice feeling 😔 xx
    • Posted

Yes work can be hard. No-one in my work knows they think I'm the bubbly, happy receptionist! But secretly behind my screen I'm sitting looking up on the internet what's supposed to be wrong with me!

think I need an internet ban! But nowadays everywhere you look it's about health, illness etc!

• Posted

Yeh same here with most and the people that do know can't believe it because I'm so laid back and outgoing but as you say we hide it very well!! I don't google much now tbh cause you diagnose yourself with all sorts, at the mo I'm trying to get my weight down as I have high blood pressure and borderline diabetes which is a worry in itself sad but hey ho gotta get on with it!! 
    • Posted

Yes you do - put the make up on and the smile! 

Yes that is a worry too but all your worry and aniexty can't help the blood pressure too.

Im now on an internet health ban! See how it goes, small steps first xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.