Health Aniexty or GAD

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have been suffering with quite bad aniexty for 6 months now..... I am convinced I have cancer of some sorts, I have been to the doctors numerous times, and even after having tests done my mind is just running away with me.

I have had:  Chest Xray – All Clear,  Urine Test - All Clear , Blood Tests – all ok apart from my ESR which at the moment is 28 (I have had sinuses problems though so could be the cause) my ESR is always slightly high. BP IS 120/81, tests for throiyd clear, tests for artiritus clear, celiac clear 

I have been referred to a neurologist as I have been getting sharp pains on the right side of my head, they sometimes come in clusters, however they have improved slightly over the last week!  I think this is more to put my mind at rest, as my did all the relevant tests and has assured me it isn’t a brain tumour, but more than likely nerve related.  

I have aches and pains, constipation, muscle twitching, weight gain, trouble sleeping.

I do have a vitamin d defiency and am on 2000 UPI tablets per day for 10 weeks..... Could this be the cause?

I am soooo fed up of constantly worrying about my health, I google EVERYTHIING and then send myself into a huge panic.  Since December I must have been to the doctors around 15 times at a guess.

Does anyone have any tips for overcoming aniexty?

x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Generalized Anxiety Disorder will do this to you. Have you talked to the Doc about your constant worrying? I know, I  have it and it is hell. Please get help
    • Posted

Thanks Sarah, I honestly think my docs think I am mad!!!

I have almost googled too much and know every sinister thing and automatically think I have it.....  At the mo got a pain in my left side by rib.  Have had it all week, I have IBS so probably this, however my instant thought it cancer of the pancreas/liver! it's really getting out of hand x

• Posted

With anxiety, it is impossible to stop worrying without help (that is meds). Your thoughts are uncontrollable when you have anxiety. You could check out a couple of symptom lists (just Google General Anxiety Disorder) and bring them to your doctors and hope they take you seriously smile
  • Posted

Vitamin D deficiency can lead to all sorts of  general aches and pains and muscle weakness, which should be addressed by (a) a change in diet (b) intavenus injections or tablets. If this has been diagnosed then your doctor will be taking action to correct this isssue.

As for you fears/ anxiety concerning the possibility of you suffering with Cancer, the tests seem to indicate that your fears are unfounded.

If on the other hand you have good reason to believe your fears have foundation, then you you should bring these to the immediate attention of your doctor.

Otherwise just get on with enjoying your life - the operative word here is 'enjoying' and not 'worrying' about something that doesn't exist.

• Posted

Dear Archemedes, your answer is very wise and logical, I'd just like to point out that she most likely has anxiety, and she will not be able to just stop worrying and start enjoying life. She cannot control her anxious thoughts. It's a horrible feeling. This is why I suggested she see a doc about GAD (general anxiety disorder). And of course Vit. D is essential as well! Thanks for your great advice though. 
  • Posted

Also Vitamin D deficiency is potentially dangerous...well not overly serious but it can make you much more susceptible to colds and flu, depression and other things......keep taking those pills!
    • Posted

Thanks Sarah, yes due to be tested again in 4 weeks, it was pretty low so think that is what is making me ache alot.  xx
  • Posted

Hi Kelly, please stop googling. Google is a great resources for many tings, but not self diagnosis. Thie is because google does not have the capabilty of connecting the dots. You could have alist of 15 things that fit any number of sinistr issues but there is a knowledge base that a human being (your doctor) that must use much more in determining a problem. Googles symptoms are just black and white. They don't tell you all of the"also rans" . Thre are many common aches and pains that are harmless. You have to trust your doctor. If not, then dind onethat you do trust. From what you have been through since December, you know in your heart that you are ok. Your bran is blocking you from accepting that. We tend to think that if we hold on to the fear, then we are guarding against it happening but all we are doing is wasting a day of oir life. I struggle just like you do but with my meds, I am starting t do much better. You can too. Who know what life will bring our way, but we can believe that we deserve good things and it's far more likely that we will live a healthy life. The odds are in our favor. We can all do ths together.
    • Posted

Haha that is the best advice I have ever heard! I call Google "the almighty Google" because it knows almost everything...but you are right, it often knows "too much"! And it is not a doctor (just thinking of that Simpsons episode when Lisa convinced Homer and Bart they had leprosy using the online doctor program which was created by the makers of SimSandwich
  • Posted

I a something the same as u a think am going to die all the time it's so scary can't get it out my head been to docs lots off times say am ok but it's hard x
    • Posted

Well in a way you are not "okay", you have an anxiety disorder that must be addressed. But as for your other health, it is fine. But you will never feel good until you feel at peace in your mind
    • Posted

That's watt am talking about is just anxiety a have but part from that am ok x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.