Health aniexty taking over

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've suffered health aniexty since my dad passed away very sudden 5years ago , I'm convinced I'm ill and cancer terrifys me .

I've had many tests done and all come back clear , last July I had a mammogram , scan and physical examination and was clear but I'm still thinking they missed sometime as I'm always checking my breasts just incase.

Poke and squeeze to get a good feel and they feel really lumpy and not sure if it's a lump or lymph nodes or normal breast tissue . I have 3 children and my oldest has started to pick up on what I'm doing , just wish this aniexty would stop

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I know how you feel my. Mom died when I was 17 in a car crash so I get scared to get in cars or drive. Then my dad died of lung cancer 6 Yes ago. I keep thinking I have something ever little pain. I think I'm gonna die . I'm so tiried of feeling like this. I don't know how to stop it. I've done all lot of test and always come back normal but I can't seem to realize I'm fine I just keep thinking the worse. I'm driving my family crazy I just want a normal life and enjoy life with my family and friends.
    • Posted

My dad died of lung cancer too , 5 days after being diagnosed we lost him , it was that quick and sudden .

I sometimes feel I'm the only person that feels like this and I don't feel normal I could be out shopping or taking my kids to school and I'm trying to check myself on the way , it totally takes over ,I didn't receive any counselling after my dad died sound think it's all built up and if my dad didn't know he had it how would I know

• Posted

You definetly have been traumatized. Mamograms are quite efficent.probably a real bad idea to poke and co stantly press your breasts all the time, youll cause bruising. Not sure how to advide its health anxiety but tangled up in trauma and ocd. I would say to see a therapist and take it from there.
    • Posted

oh im so sorry . my dad lived for year after finding out. i had to slowly watch die. him suffering with his chemotherpy. he died in his room. ive never experinced that before in my life not being able help save him. him litterly dying in my arms. I paniced after that thinking oh my god i could have cancer too i could  just die just like that.Then like a few months after my sister friend had major stroke at 40 yrs of age she like a vegatable now. so i started having more anixety about having a stroke or heart attack im just so scared to die i dont want to leave my family and i dont want my family to die either. but im slowy understanding there is nothing i can do about it. its all up to God. i just need to start taking more care of my self and so i  started a vegan diet and workout more. cause i am over weight and have medical problems like asthma , fibromoyloga, acid reflex, gastris,alergies.deppresion, So i need to get better and start seeing a therapiest but its hard to find a good one with gold coast insurance.
    • Posted

me too i feel like im going crazy like im the only one in this world who dosnt feel normal. i do to with my childern im constenly crying cause i always feel like i have something wrong with me. can i ask how old are? im 48 i feel like im the oldest one on here. lol

• Posted

I'm 36 , I've been to the doctors again this morning and after being examined the doc said she can't feel anything to cause concern and that its just normal breast tissue n the normal lumps n bumps ,I've been referred to breast clinic again tho but wondering why if she told me she Cudnt feel anything bad .my aniexty is at an all time high right now
    • Posted

O bless u. I ustand they just being careful to pout your mind at rest. I have health anxiety. I sureci have a pulmonary embolism today and have spent all morning terrified froizen in my bed. This site will l reassurexand help us all in the same boat
    • Posted

It's awful to live with daily , can't concentrate on anything even tho I've had mammograms, scans , examinations last July n all clear I still think what if there wrong .the more I think about it the more real my symtoms become .is that normal ,
    • Posted

You ve had such a awful and heartbreaking time , my dad didn't even know he had cancer because he had pneumonia and meningitis too as well as being diagnosed with lung and throat cancer 5 days before he died. Over the past few years I've thought I've had every illness going . Aniexty is a vicious circle
  • Posted

It's normal to have health anxiety when someone has passed away,perfectly understandable. Part of the trouble I beleive is that most of us don't receive good help/ counselling whatever after a death and stuff gets pushed aside and manifests in us by way of physical symptoms . I speak from experience as I've had what I thought 3 severe medical conditions following the deaths of 3 very close people in the space of just 18 months. What I can say is do everything to help yourself ,cruse bereavement care are fab ,GP, read books and take care of yourself by meditation,yoga and similar. It will get better ,don't rush .all the best
  • Posted

Louise, please don't worry because you've done all the tests, and worrying only stresses out your body.

My dad passed away 10 years ago, and I can sympathize very much with you - his unconditional love for you lives on in the spirit of your memories.

• Posted

being an anxious person myself, I can understand your concerns. Anxiety triggers false fears. The medical reports are all clear. Please try to rely on medical reports which have scientific base rather your fears which trigger false alarm.

You have 3 beautiful children. Please don't be hard on yourself. Consult a doc to see if medication or therapy eases out your anxiety.

And yes there is a way out, be strong and take care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.