Health Anixety, Please Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

(sorry this is going to be long, but thank you for taking time to read this!) Okay so i had food poisoning for about 3 days from a bad burger i ate, and that cause me to go to the er from being dehydrated from the diarrhea! (Mind you, I havent been to the er/doctor in years because of my social anxiety/anxiety and there wasnt really anything wrong with me that needed mecial attention until now) so they ran tests (urine, drew blood and did a ekg) and they didnt alarm us with anything wrong. so i went home and drank many fluids and was weak for a couple of days, im now just getting my energy back. im pretty sure the dehydration is gone. but now i have another problem which is why im making this forum! right after i was starting to feel better i started having chest "pains" that went to under my rib and back and throat sometimes! also i had the feeling of needing to burp but cant and had a lump in my throat! and the body "pains" really dont hurt it just feels tight and pressure, so i assumed it was trapped gas or indigestion or something? sometimes the pain goes away if im not thinking about it or im busy doing something (btw im 16 and overweight and my eating choices are not great so indigestion isnt suprising) I looked online about my symptons (which wasnt a good idea knowing i have bad anxiety and i worry alot) and almost all of them talked about a "heart attack" and thats been really bothering me. because my symptoms arent that far off from heart attack symptons! and i also had my first panic attack the other day because of all this thats been going on! and some of the stuff i read said anxiety could do this but i just cant see anixety doing this to me! and here recently ive been having left arm pain (it doesnt really hurt just uncomfortable it stays in one spot mostly) ! and thats really scaring me! this has been messing with my sleep, i havent been able to sleep because i think something is going to happen to me! my family says its just anxiety, and it might be! but what if its a heart attack? please help me!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

P.s i never had these symptons before all ot this happened! And the time i went to the er and they did those tests i wasnt experiencing these symptons, it was after! But could they still tell by bloodwork and a ekg if someone was in danger of a heartattack? How do they figure that out? (I need ressurance bad)
  • Posted

hi Llm youve definately been through it latelty sorry to hear you seem to be getting no help from your doctor it wouldnt hurt go back to your doctor and ask for a second opinion ! doctors usually try to say its all in your mind if they cant explain whats with you i wish you well and please let me know how you get on david !
    • Posted

Well all these started after i went to the er for my dehydration and i havent been back for these symptoms.
  • Posted

Hey Kim, sorry for your hospital visit and I hope you're doing okay. But I'm here to help with my story!

I had anxiety when I was 10 and it went away. Then when I was 21, I was having problems. Went to the doctor and got diagnosed with my first urinaty tract infection. My urine showed microscopic blood (protein) and high white blood cells. I got antibiotics and a pill that numbs the uretha when you pee.

I wondered why there was blood in my urine So I looked it up. All I got was kidney disease, kidney cancer, kidney stones etc.

I freaked out and suffered a horrible panic attack, I felt like I almost past out and went to the ER. What was funny was that once I saw these diseases, my back began to hurt. They did another ur one test and no more white blood cells but there was still blood, they were concerned and did a ct scan. All normal.

As soon as I knew I was okay my symptoms went away.

But what I noticed is that after I went to the emergency room, my anxiety came back and definitely stayed. It's been a year and I'm still dealing with health anxiety and think I have all these problems but all my doctors have proved to me that everything is normal and not that this is my anxiety.

I think what happened to me is happening to you, a trip to the emergency room kind of freaked you out.

Never look up your symptoms !! Dr Google is a bad doctor.

• Posted

Wow thank you for the story! Yeah i feel like im bringing on these symptons in my head because of my anxiety! And its driving me crazy! Update: i had a panic attack in the car! I was sweating and lightheaded and i had to focus on my breathing! Before i got sick i never
    • Posted

*Before i got sick i never had a panic attack and my anxiety was that bad! This brought it all on! And me typing this i still think i have a chance of a heart attack and until i go to the doctor/er i will keep thinking so! (My family refuses because they keep telling me its just anxiety)
    • Posted

*my anxiety was NOT that bad (sorry i keep making typos)
    • Posted

An emergency room scare can make your anxiety definitely go high. For me, I kind of always wanted to go to the emergency room because I knew that I'd leave with a definite answer on what's wrong with me. But now it's like I feel there's a whole lot wrong with me and it's horrible rolleyes
    • Posted

Omg this is horrible sad i think im going to the doctor soon and get put on medicine but idk if i can wait bc as im typing this im anxious and shaky. This is the worse anxiety ive ever been through all because i got sick. rolleyes
    • Posted

Also ever since my pains started my breathing has been weird and its been hard to breathe also ive had a headache! All these symptons! sad they dont all happen at once but they are there
  • Posted

I used to get a lump in my throat also.

Don't stress about a heart attack. It is a side effect of panic disorder.

If you feel that you can't handle the responsibility of a job then try voluntary work. At least they will know that you have problems and there is no pressure on you to stay the whole day if you have a panic attack.

Hugs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.