health anxiety!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi 

I have been very anxious about my health for few months. I was diagnosed with high bloodpressure and on medication but still high as I had to change tablets due to side effects, now I have a sudden panic that I am going to have a heart attack and Google the symptoms convinced that I have all of them, I have chest pain, throbbing head, ringing in my ears and my BP is 145/101! Am so worried

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I hope you dont mind me saying buy googling your symptoms is the worst thing you can possibly do. Your imagination just runs away with you. My daugher was quite poorly with anxiey and she did exactly the same and was imagining all sorts was wrong with her. My daughter had all your symptoms =, not sure about the blood pressure bit thoug. Your anxiety will make your blood pressure higher but believe me 145/101 is not exceedingly high. I really think that you need treatment for your anxiety and suggest that you make a vist to your gp and tell him exactly what you are doing. I think you will find that as your anxiety decreases, your blood pressure will go down too. Hope this is of some help. Manu regards
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Hails

we are our worst enemy sometimes arent we I have had panic attacks from thinking I will have a heart attack or a blood clot and when you mention it to people they always make you feel silly but its not silly not to us its a real worry. I know it is hard but try and try to keep calm, deep breathing, keep busy. My medication gave me chest pain but that was only temporary it disappeared after about a week keep perseveering. Reemeber to go to bed early, drink plenty of water and eat as best you can this will calm your own insecurities.

Lor xxx

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, I think that you are probably right, I really need to calm down but don't want more medication if I can help it, thanks for your advice
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi this is me down to a T.. I had my 4 child last august got so anxious my bp went high, was monitored though delivery and they were constantly doing my bp all the way through which made me more and more anxious , put me on meds and was sent home, then the midwifes were coming out, get anxious again it went sky rocket so had to go back to hospital, when I was in hospital they were doing my bp more and more, and more and more I was getting anxious as one reading it was 190/120, but I was never calm at all, the bp machine scared the life out of me, anyway got sent home but had to go back to my doctors, then it was high so was putting me on more meds. I'm scared to death of the bp machine, taking blood or smears don't care , but that bp machine scares me.. Now I have a bp machine at home, I'm fine at home, but went to the doctors the other day got so so scared it was 145/101 but because I do it at home they no now it's just me.. A year and a half this happened to me and still now I've never been calm having my bp done, better but still scares the life out of me x
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks carrie,  sorry to hear what you have been through,  I feel exactly the same,  have a machine at home and readings are 145/90 but on medication, I know it's anxiety and worry causes the increase but then the high readings cause me to worry so it's a vicious cycle. At my wits end
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi yeah it's a very vicious circle, when I first got my bp machine I was obsessed with it, when I had a high reading I would keep doing it until I had a low reading, in the end my husband took it off me, then I started doing it once a week, the once a month, now I can sit and have it done at home and not worry as I know it's me controlling it, but still when I go doctors I panic, it's so hard to get your head around and still now I'm not there, xx
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up