Health anxiety!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi everyone

This is my first ever post and I was looking to see if anyone can help. I've been diagnosed with health anxiety and I would like to know more about it. It all started for me in my second pregnancy when I suffered a real scary panic attack. I now constantly worry I have something seriously wrong with me and I'm so scared. All these feelings happen night time Only. Thanks

2 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Health Anxiety is a panic disorder both my mother and myself have.  It's so crazy, we go to the doctor for complete checkups, everything comes out completely fine and he tells us it's anxiety.  but for some reason the physical symptoms of the panic attacks are so close to other horrible things like hypoglycemia and like a heart attack that no matter how much you want to stop thinking something serious is NOT wrong with you the symptoms make you POSSITIVE there is something wrong.  Which builds the worry and the anxiety and you get the panic attack come on after a day or two or even an hour or two...  I know it's silly, and if I was looking at myself I would say, there's no way a little bit of worry can make you feel like you're having a heart attacke it must be something else... NOPE it's not.  please go to youtube, and look at the documetary about panic disorders and brain signals... Excellent documentary and it will releive you to see it's a real thing.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply. I know it's crazy I dont understand why its happening to me. I feel so happy and content with my life but these thoughts about my health along with the physical symptoms just won't go away. I have had numerous tests which were all fine just finding it very hard to accept its all anxiety related. I will look that up on u tube thank you!!!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

you're welcome, number one thing to remember, although Anxiety is uncomfortable it is not life threatening or fatal.  If you want to beat your attack right away.  think to yourself "Come on... I'm ready, Go Ahead and happen, I know this is just my mind building up worry about myhealth."  Or better yet... if you feel one coming on, try and concentrate on MAKING it WORSE.  the funny thing about that is it fades and goes away every time... like it doesn't want to fight. lol
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I have health anxiety but it hapoened from bad health. It just makes a bad situation so mych worse and i dont get it myself. If i can worsen symptoms why cant i heal them. I hate panicking so much and i hate all these thoughts of negativity. I finally broke down and told my doctor and he said im hard to treat because im so sensitive to medications and have certain ailments that counteract some meds. Likes the benzos but i dint want to get addicted. He did run a lot of bloodwork but he made me feel like im headed for an in patient kind if exoerience and  they just medicate you and dont care abiut side effects. I wish i had a magic answer for you this is a difficult journey and i oray daily  that my body starts reacting normal and calms down. It feel like a battle from within and you have to constantly say positive things to yourself. I just downloaded  some books and apps and podcast hoping to find something that makes sense. Cbt is suopose to be great but you cant be in a state of panic when learning them. If your doc gives you a med and it agrees with you you are very lucky and will be probably doing well within a few weeks.panic attacks recently became a mental disorder it used to be an emotional disorder because its a defaulty coping issue. 
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up