Health anxiety 😔

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone, I've had a change in contraceptive pill and recently found a lump in my breast. I've been to the GP who has said that he is not concerned but will send to the clinic for further check, my problem is, I already suffer from depression & anxiety and this has now sent my mind into overdrive, I've become so worried that there is something seriously wrong and I can't get it out of my head. I'm now starting to have the familiar feeling of depression settling over me and I just want to go in to my bed and cry, help x

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rebecca, 

I feel for you, that's a scary thought to hold, but you must trust your GP in that they are not concerned for you. No amount of worrying will fix anything in life. Believe me, i'm a constant worrier and it only affects me!

You should try to relax a bit and focus your energy on trying to feel better. 

When is your check up with the clinic? 

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I can understand this. You have to think very positive and make the appt as soon a spossible and get it over with. Look this hapoens to be a stressful situatiin for you right now, having nithing tomdo with depressiin or anything. Anyone human would be concerned.  Its probably a cyst or duct and no big deal at all what so ever but its important to get that determined. Doctors need to learn already not to scare the crap out of their patients.they can be too cold at times, we are people.  When is your appt?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Stay strong rebecca its situations like this that send our anxiety/depression into overdrive.

Anxiety thrives off fear

Take carecry

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Lynne, thank you for the reply. You ate so right about that, it's actually never been put to me that way before. I've been CBT before and found it really helpful, but I think I'll need to just wait it out for the appointment when ever it comes through xx
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

if it is the c word then at least you have caught it early and the treatment for breast cancer is very good these days with good recovery rates for nearly all patients.

Try not to worry and let the Drs take it over.

Rich

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up