Health anxiety??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ok so long story short. I had my son 6 months ago. When he was 2 months, I started feeling lightheaded, chest discomfort, etc. Countless ER visits, ekgs, blood work, everything checked out fine. Finally we realized it was anxiety. One day I noticed my heart rate going fast and it seem to have spiraled from there. Now I'm so scared that something is wrong with my heart, I can't concentrate. I've gotten better, im on celexa. Now my issue.. Last week, I went five days without anxious thoughts. Without panic attacks.. Everything seemed back to normal. But just like that, it's gone. I suddenly feel like I can't catch my breath, but I'm not short of breath if that makes any sense. I got a sudden wave of nausea and heart racing when i got up from the floor yesterday, so I'm back to thinking I have some heart condition that they're all just not finding.. Does anybody else have the random days of "feel like I can't breathe all the way"? How do you deal with it? I'm constantly worried on my good days that my anxiety will come back harder, so even on my good days, I'm making myself anxious.

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hey delaina, I know exactly how you feel. I had that same shortness of breathe feeling along with other symptoms for 2 months and to be honest it is all just anxiety. I too was obsessed about my heart (still am) and I would cry almost everyday because of it but I realized that won't help anything it'll only make it worse.The best way to deal with it is just surround yourself with positivity and realize it is just anxiety. It's better said than done but you just need to try. I promise you it'll get better. Take care.
  • Posted

Hey sorry your feeling rough I find anxiety hard enough to deal with just looking after myself it must be 10 times worse for you with a little one.

Anxiety is so weird its random you have good and bad days there are 100's of symptoms just as you get rid of one another comes along.

It also thrives of fear

So you gotta keep your breathing steady exercise and meditation helps.

Maybe consider some therapy

Your not alone

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

Hi Lynne I'm like you general anxiety disorder and health anxiety been on citalapram for 6 years now he has put it up to 40 mg went to a therapist meeting last wk I don't sleep very well and take zoldipam for the last 3 months i have had dithering like nervousness thru my body burning then chills my face burning pins and needles feel as if I am going to pass out all the time have it most of the day then seems to ease of late afternoon then it all starts again the nxt day had a lot going on for a lot of years family dying from cancer anxiety runs in my family Very bad I am a constant worrier sorry for going on but I needed to open up x
    • Posted

Hey Pauline

Your not alone my friend.

This forum is excellent even its just to vent off

Stay Strongcool

• Posted

I think that the feeling of not being able to catch your breath maybe when your heart is skipping to fast and its?  waiting for the blood to catch up or the beat . i felt as if i was missing a beatit happens to me  to me. my  doctor was explaining something simular I hope someone can  shed some light for you my love . I believe its more pronounced when your stressed but i dont know if anyone else can relate to this as everyone is different 
  • Posted

that us me these last few weeks too! i even went back to the doctor to go through all the heart tests I have had to see what the dictors are missing that woukd explain my constant heart discomfort. just now for examample, I had to keave the dinner table and lie down. feel like i am about to faint and my heart is annoying me. sometimes i wish i could just go live at the hospital until they figure out what my deal is. 

so, i hear you. and hope you (we) feel better soon. 

• Posted

So heart is ok? Did they say it's your anxiety? I was at the store just now and got shaky and a bit panicky. Went to the car and felt fine. So sick of it all!
    • Posted

hi - yes. i have had a few instances of heart rythmn issue that were caught on 48 hour holter ekgs, but my doc says it's within normal ranges and nothing to worry about. she won't be checking my heart any more. but i constanly wonder if there could be something developing now that hasn't been seen yet. my other risk factors are basically none. it is just so annoying!! it's hard to ignore when your heart feels "off" and you cannot trust your body's messages! 

i am glad you're feeling better! 

• Posted

Yes it definitely is.. I never had a heart palputation until this all started. I'm trying to tell myself that if we had a heart issue, it would show as something developing.. But in my mind I think nope, something can happen overnight. My doctor finally said no more ekgs and my cholesterol is fine So I don't technically need that checked for another five years.. Ugh!
    • Posted

it should make us feel better that our docs are saying we should move on with our concerns! but somehow, it doesn't, does it.

i had my first panic attack about 2.5 years ago, with what felt like a heart attack to me, called the ambulance, and i was floored when they said panic attack. i didn't even know it was a thing! when people said they had a panic attack, i didn't truly understand what that meant. i think i just thought "freak out".  but it's way more than that. 

anxiety is just so terrible. it feels so strange to have a sickness that you have to think about and concentrate on to make yourself feel better. i wouldn't wish this on any single other person. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.