Health anxiety ??

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same as me the only was to describe it is that my brain wants to explode and that I carnt cope with all I've got goin on ?? I'm dealing with so much at the min also health anxiety and just feel that every bit of stress I have I'm Gona have a stroke or something it's horrible

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Keep tabs on your blood pressure.
    • Posted

Is this commen when your blood pressure changes ? Because sometimes I can feel my heart beating very hard
    • Posted

Yes. Blood pressure and pulse can rise any moment. Thats why i have a blood pressure monitor.
    • Posted

I take blood pressure medicine but sometimes it doesnt last all day. Eat healthy. Some pharmacists may check your blood pressure meantime
    • Posted

Every time I go the doctors he tells me it's cuz of my anxiety but it scares me they never offer me any medication only depressants
    • Posted

Some of these medicines have a side effect of lowering blood pressure but not pulse... i found if i stick to a very low salt diet my pulse stays in normal range but it took time
    • Posted

doctors won't get in trouble for prescribing antidepressants but they can get in trouble for prescribing sedatives pain medicine and different feel good medicine
  • Posted

There are times i get the strange feeling in my head its not a headache its like my head has this funny pain like its doing the same as yours. i know that i have high blood pressure and when i am anxious my heart rate will race. 

i understand what you mean its strange

• Posted

can I be different and suggest not having a blood pressure machine I dont want to disagree with anyone unless they suffer from high blood pressure but i would get it checked at the doctors because having one at home you will be constantly checking it which if you are suffering from anxiety and you think its up it will make you panic even more stress and anxiety will put your bp up Ive been on bp medication for years and yes I have a bp machine but i very rarely use it if i think my bp is up i go to one of our chemists as they will do this for free also bp machines the home ones can go wrong as once it told me my bp was 300/130 now i know i should be having a stroke at this rate so i went straight to the doctor who said it was a tad high and i was feeling stressed. go to the doctors my love as with anxiety it can make your head feel like that it feels like all the stress is contained in your head and its busting at the seems but please get your bp checked Im not here to upset anyone just dont want you to have any further stress i was one that used to constantly check my bp when my anxiety was high. I hope you get sorted out. I dont know where your from but if you have to pay to visit your gp is your a@ e free (hospital) get it checked there Im in england and we are fortunate that we have our nhs but our pharmacies will also do lots of checks free too
    • Posted

you will have confidence when your blood pressure checks out normal . The good monitors require no expertise. Just hold it above your heart.
    • Posted

thank you im lucky at the moment as my bp is well controlled so I wait until I visit my doctor im on candestartin which is keeping it at bay 
  • Posted

Thank you all so much for replying it really nice of you all to take the time. I have health anxiety quite bad I'm from England also ,., just seems that lately when even the slightest bit of stress comes it makes me feel physically ill ... My daughter is having so much trouble at school 15 and almost left but I'm in constant battle with the school it's a joke I've even started cryin in my sleep ... I used to do so well I'm stressful situations but it seems I carnt even relax when my eyes are shut at night !! I worry that with all this stress my brain feels something bad will happen xx
    • Posted

When your thoughts arent going well think avout other things.maybe bake cookies with your daughter. Shop with her. It will do youl both good. Dont let bad things happen and dont assume bad things are happening when there are all types of path and alternatives to a good or respectable triumph.
    • Posted

Think that's just how my brain has trained itself ! I'm lucky that although we have been through a lot as a family we are so very close ... I keep all my nagative thoughts to myself maybe if I had someone who understood how my brains working then I would lol !! I'm not a very good cake baker I'm Gona have to learn a new skill x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.