Health anxiety 😭

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I have been suFeering with health anxiety for a couple of months nowe I am at my wits end with it... I constantly fear there is somethino work with me. 2 years I got kicked in the head by a boy on a swing I actually got knocked out only a few seconds but since the introduction haven't been the same I was c9nstantly at the doctors until in the end he sent me for a CT scan which came back clear. After that I started taking see sertraline which made me feel totally different I wasn't worried half as much. Thend in March I went for a check up at the doctors and he suggested me weaning myself off the meds because he didn't want me to keep relying on them I agreed and did come off the. After 4 weeks of being off them I found a little lump on my right nippleI say lump it was more of a spot!!! I freakEd out went straight to the doctors and made him refer me to the breastfeeding clinic I was in bits thinking the worse I went and got checked out and all clear. Ever sincentre then I have been a wreck I have been off work because of fear something ispecial going to happen to me because I had a panic attack I thought I was having a stroke I get constant headache and head pressure which is making me fear there is something wring with my brain. I have started councilling I am really hoping ito works for me I am back on sertraline also. Anybody else feel like this? I worry for my children I don't want this to have any affect on them HELP!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

In a word yes! I feel the same way. I have an 8 month old baby and I constantly fear the worst since a car accident two months ago.

Headaches and pressure are typical anxiety symptoms. Hope they ease for you soon x

• Posted

Aw that must have been awful for you... are u to on medication for it? I feel like i am goin mad sometimes.

Thanks for replying.

• Posted

Hi I have health anxiety although at the minute it's under control. I can totally relate to your feelings and always going to the gp freaking out at everything. I have 3 young children and worry they'll just see me as a stressed out mummy. I did try sertraline but it made me worse so I was referred for CBT and it was amazing. I feel I have my life back now. I do have relapses every now and then but through CBT I have the skills and knowledge to over come them. Have you had counselling or Cognitive behaviour therapy x

• Posted

Hi, i have had counselling through my doctor but i dont feel like its working for me. i was told cbt could be better for me and i have just starting seeing a therapist now but i am paying for it but if it works i dont care i cannot carry on like this. My family have been great but its hard for them as they dont completely understand and i feel like i am being selfish at times because i am so down about it 😕
    • Posted

It is hard. I first started with it nearly 6 years ago when I took my newborn to the gp as she constantly had a cold. The stand in Dr said he thought it could be cancer as her glands were also up. I was devastated. Thankfully it wasn't the glands were just her body fighting the virus. But it left me paranoid and constantly checking her. I've had CBT twice over the last 6 years the last time being last November and so far so good. It's changes the way you look at things that's why I feel it's more long lasting and allows you to confront anxiety head on. If you ever need to talk feel free to message me. I've had many arguments in the past with my hubby who didn't understand and thought I was just putting it all on and being a worrier. Now he gets how debilitating anxiety is

• Posted

Thank you. It is draining i have been reading all the anxiety post on here which it does help i like to know i am not the only one!😩 i am usually so positive and want to get back that way. My partner will say just stop worrying nothing is going to happen i say to him if it was that simple i would i dont want to feel like this. I have been reading feel the fear and do it anyway which i am finding helpful.👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.