Health anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I suffer from bad health anxiety but recently have been feeling much better. However, I have just found a small lump on the back of neck and my anxiety levels have gone through the roof I'm freaking out and don't know what to do

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hannah. Its completly natural for you to worry about somthing like this.

Even someone without anxiety, would freak out. By thinking you are freaking out due to your anxiety will only make it worse. You are bound to concerned, but theres 100 reasons you may have a small lump, and 99 of them are nothing to worry about.

Pop into your doctors when possible, and maybe show a family member or friend.

Sam.

• Posted

Hi,

I would say go to the GP as soon as you can to assure yourself,even go to A and E because as soon as you know you will feel better.Dont go on Dr Google because you will come up with all sorts of answers and you ŵill have all of them

.once we home in on something it makes it worse the mind goes haywire.That is anxiety that does it.

Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Hannah. I agree with the other comments. Go see a GP for reassurance. It's perfectly reasonable to be worried. Funny lumps and bumps appear now and again on all of us, mostly they go un-noticed and disappear again. Usually the body getting rid of some toxins for you. But if we are health anxious (like me) we notice every little change that happens to our body because we are hyper-vigilant and then we freak out about it. It sucks I know, but my anxiety goes completely after seeing the GP (who is very understanding) and I usually feel very silly. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about but get it checked out for the reassurance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.