Health anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Does anybody have really bad toilet issues with anxiety?

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

if i have to go out somewhere i nearly always get an upset stomach which lasts till i come back in then miraculously disappears.

• Posted

John sounds like agorophobia or social anxiety if you feel well in the safety of your home.
    • Posted

yes i'm sure it's social anxiety...i've always been a bit quiet never wanting to be the centre of attention but always had friends and would enjoy nights out and up until my mid twenties i would be at the football ever other week.then for whatever reason i just started to shy away from friends from the nights out,family occasions,football anything really that involved interacting with others.

have never really found out the reason for this happening,no real great trauma or incident to explain it but thats the "joy" of anxiety it never really makes any sense...it just creeps up on some people and takes over.

• Posted

I can be doing something simple in the safety of my home like cooking dinner or watching telly and I get severe anxiety and fear out of nowhere.

That is a classic anxiety disorder getting that with no obvious threat.

I can lay awake at 3am feeling terrified.

The ironic thing about it is I was a barman for 20 years now I cannot bear to be around people for too long.

• Posted

the worrying thing for me is that i never really had much anxiety in my own home until quite recently..it was like a sactuary for me but gradually even in the home the anxiety is growing.

i know one of my biggest worries is upsetting my family so i tend not to tell them how bad i'm feeling but i think this just increases the anxiety..although my wife knows when i'm feeling bad and tells me to talk to her but you feel like a burden to people after so long.

thats why i want to get this CBT course started so i can get a lot of my worries out in the open to someone who hopefully understands them

• Posted

john, do that! and do talk to your wife! I talk to my husband al lthe time as voicing your fears makes it less scary and take power away from them!

i've been seeing a therapist for years and she has done wonders to my anxiety ( despite the fact that it has recently increased but hipefully thats' temporary)

• Posted

will do mrsk...luckily for me my wife is the most loving and understanding person i've ever met..i think she'd make a great therapist..she's certainly had plenty of practice with me..lol....

sometimes i feel i just want to give her a break but i suppose she's stuck with me through all of this and i'd love to get better for her sake and the sacrafices she's made.

thanks for replying it really helps.

• Posted

we are all hear to get som ereassurance, John and it does do wonders to the way we feel! Being open with your wife about what you are going through keeps her informed and makes her gfeel like she is part of your life. she deserves to knoe. i feel the same abouth bothering my husband but then without his support i would get into my "black hole" of health fears and stay there for a while worrying over insignificant aches! and sometimes even when he looses his patience with me that helps, too because it makes me pull myslef together:-) ! good lukc, John! fight that beast!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.