HEALTH ANXIETY

Posted , 5 users are following.

I rearly get any sort of thing of hearing woices with Health Anxiety which I was diagnosed with last week, I even looked up Heath Anxiety even when I had been told not too by my psycologists, but it is much better looking at others like bipolar? and this evening I was looking at some of the other blogs when I was drinking a voice sounded like a mans voice in my mind said "you are a werdo" I thought that was nice from Health Anxiety part of my mind and wonder if Health Anxiety does make you hear voices ? should I ignore it? or should I tell the psycologists? even if it is one voice that I had hard now and again every year?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes absolutely tell your therapists,and maybe stop googling for things yourself, we all do it but its really the worse thing you can do. But yes tell your therapists as a matter of urgency
  • Posted

if you were under the influence of alcohol: which is a sedative, stimulant, and depressant then I wouldn't read to much into it.. were you medicating for your anxiety as well as consuming alcohol? maybe you stayed up late and was extremely tired?

I woke up this morning to the vivid sounds of a female moaning and couldn't work out if my neighbours were having sex or whether I was just coming out of a shallow sleep and was lucid dreaming rolleyes

• Posted

Hi richbeal firstly id like to say your psycologist is wrong in my opinion ive always researched my condition/meds and most of us do tbh im 56 & have had & still do have many diff probs ive seen mental health teams since i was 20 in 3 diff counties ive had professors; psychoanalists;psycotherapists;clinical pyscologists;psychiatrists;occupational therapists;social workers;cpn's &probation officers i can assure you & anyone else some of them are absolutely not fit for purpose.... however having said that i too hear my fathers voice now & again (deceased 79)

The prob with mental health is the more you research the more you understand how difficult it is to pin down as 1 specific condition

I myself have been in the past had diagnosis of anxiety;depression;bi-polar;personality disorder;aspergers;adhd;social phobia so you see where im coming from who's rite ... i simply dont know but on my own research i have found i def have some symptoms of all of the above.... is this important & worth the effort in my opinion yes it is & my humble advice would be dont stop cause we all tend to forget at crisis/difficulty that tho qualified these are jus ppl & prone to make mistakes like the rest of us again that said research is also important for knoelege & understanding of our own conditions in order to help ourselves to cope say what you have to say but with insight at least you can say yeah but what about this or that medical ppl are not infalliable & after all its us & our lives that matter good luck

• Posted

I had my test for Health Anxiety at [Location Removed] and Health Anxiety is one that have not appeared on the form and was quite supprise that [Name removed] said that I had got it as I did notice when I had done my own research into medical illness that is linked to the ones that I had not the mind ones but medical ones themselfs that my mind always encurage me to follow those illness up, I remember that I had bad cought and sore throut and thought that I had something serries for example Legenares disease or the sears vires and it was only a respretry vires which will last for 6 weeks.  Voices in my head are no all their all the time and it only happen three times a year or so.
  • Posted

It absolutely shouldn't make you hear voices I use to work as a CMA mental health and know some what about mental health. Those are symptoms of schizophrenia. I am also a bit of hypochondria which is anxiety of health. I've dignosed myself God knows how many times and was wrong all the time.. I'm having symptoms of gastritis and I know that's not all in my head cuz I feel the pain the discomfort. I been thinking it can be gallstones which is a possibly or Hpylori or cancer I dk I'm freaking out as well cuz I'm a healthy person had labs done in January all normal. I'm also ADD have somewhat depression not anything major panick attacks where I can't breath Anyways best of luck for u I really think u should talk to you doc about this
    • Posted

Agreed, without trying to frighten you,hearing voices is a red flag,really see a doc and be honest with them asap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.