Health anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is anybody from the U.S. on right now

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I'm from the u.s
    • Posted

For the 3 months my anxiety has been very high. All day everyday. Its anxiety/ health anxiety. I've had it befor but it's been many years.although I've had bouts of anxiety my whole life.
  • Posted

I worry a lot of about my health also.  The only way I can deal with the feelingt of possibility of illness is to accept death, since death is considered the worst outcome.  I do worry about living with pain and disability.  This health anxiety would normally consume me and take everything else away from me.
  • Posted

Hi. I am from Texas as well. You know that is one thing I don't worry about till someone tells me too. I have anxiety but most of the time I am just what I call, all balled up. I am like a tight string ready to break and I don't have to know why.Now I know of that that it is supposed to bad for you in alot of health ways but there is nothing I can do about it and I can't live on alprazolam or I would be passed out all the time cause that is the way it generally affects me and I really NEED it to get to sleep. I find it helps me to look around and see all the folks that are way less fortunate that myself. After going on this site I have found out that I am one of the lucky ones. That actually helps me. I have some health issues but it seems like there don't seem to be any options for me at the moment. I have a bad back too and I can't do much about the weight issue I have and I can't exercise cause of the back and I have hypothyroid and am always tired. Just try to eat properly and get some form of exercise and do what you can and just know that you are trying to do what you can and you can't have every disease that there is out there! I don't know if that is any help? Best thing to know is that we are out there and we have issues too and you aren't alone!
    • Posted

Thank you Judy, I'm still learning how to use this site. I'm in the Dallas area
    • Posted

Yeah me too. And my brain is pretty scattered. Probably partly from the stupid meds I am on. I need to lose one that I use to help sleep but I have always had trouble getting to sleep from the time I was little. My brain won't shut up. I wanders and wanders. I used to try to think of something pleasant and hopefully fall asleep. Then I would find myself way off subject wondering how I got there. That is how my brain is. I start cleaning a room and find something that needs to go into another room and then finding myself cleaning the room I was returning something to. So the med I wanna get off of helps with that but I am afraid it is making tired constantly. Oh well, maybe try it one day! LOL  And how are you doing today???

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.