Health anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I suffer with health anxiety have done got years but this year has been the worst , everything I have has to be the extreme ... I currently am convinced I have throat C ... I'm so scared ... I have indigestion in the throat a lot have been in meds but iv stopped as had side effects , doctors don't think it is , and say that lots of people get indigestion , I feel trouble swallowing and dry throat so going to try drink more , I have IBS issues to , I'm 43 just in bits .. I'm pushing for an endoscopy my choice as want to be sure all ok ... But all the time every day I wake in fear it's C and I'm going to die ... It's horrid and no one understands all just say it's my anxiety ... I get palpitations to it's just awful .....

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi lady40s

Really understand where your at, I have suffered anxiety for about 5 years maybe longer but i Didn't know it then just thought it was the way I was. My is always about decision making and I have now done something which I am now convinced is the worse decision I have ever made and has ruined the rest of my life.

I am in constant need of reassurance and sounds like you are as well with your health worrys. So many people have said that all these worry are just that worry that won't happen, but my head won't let me believe it. I am waiting to have some counselling....... Have you gone there yet?

You are not alone in these fears and being scared, have you got friends that you can talk too, I found it helps to talk but I'm also scared t h at they will get fed up with me going on about it.

Stay in contact there is a lot of us out here

• Posted

Thank you , yes sounds similar , I'm in constant need for reassurance and guarantees ... In life that's not possible is it ... I'm ok once seen doctor or consultant then days sometimes hours ... My head will keep saying ... What if this ... What if that ... Then I'm back to square one again ... And my symptoms are real .. So how can it all be just anxiety ... Huuuuuffff and so it goes on ... Iv had CBT but that's now ended .., was good but again I want it all the time for reassurance and support I guess... Iv tried meds that sent me worse ..

How do you cope ? Talking to people who understand is the only way I think as others just don't get it ..

Thanks for listening

• Posted

You are so right a lot of people don't understand or just don't want to. I did have a go at mindfulness last year and that did help me but I was not in such a bad place as I am now. I have contacted the lady who ran the course and I am going to attend one of her courses again soon. I have started to physical symptoms now which is adding to my anxiety, it is just a viscous circle.

Mine is always worse in the morning I'm still in bed can't face getting up and trying to pretend to people that I'm ok.

Just need to talk and get that reassurance all time I just need to here things like............you will be ok, it will work out etc.

Just like being a child

• Posted

Yep same , def worse in morning to .. Once I get up get busy I do feel bit better ... Keeping my mind busy is helpful ...

I try think a day at a time ... Just concentrate on today , what I can enjoy or do to make me happy ... Just for today , try not to think any further .... As I say I try ... Doesn't always work .. Sometimes just take an hour at s time ...

I did discover from my CBT it could all stem from my childhood , I was an anxious child various reasons , so maybe I carrying that in through adulthood .

The mindfulness session sounds good and helpful

• Posted

Good luck with today, I'm going to try and tidy my garage today hope that will keep my mind busy

Stay in touch

• Posted

Thanks you to , garage sorting sounds like a good plan .

smile

• Posted

Just to let know didn't get get much of garage done ended up talking a lot hoping for that reassurance again. Did go for out for a meal last night but ended having to leave because looking around at other people appearing not to have any issues in the world makes me depressed. No sleep again starting to feel exhausted before the day has started.

Sorry for going on .........do feel any better

• Posted

Meant to read do you feel any better
    • Posted

Oh sorry you didn't get your garage done , perhaps today will be a better day , I put music on and that helps get me motivated to do tasks ..

But can understand the need for reassurance once something stuck in my head it's so hard to get it out .. And the only way is to seek reassurance from others .. So hard isn't it ..

I googled a symptom before going out last night for a meal with a friend so that spoilt my night ... And now today iv woke with the same fear ..so somehow got to keep busy distract my thoughts as there just thoughts not fact ...

That's the hard part .. But going to try ...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.