Health anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 47 and have been on paroxetine for 20 years. I started on this due to extreme panic attacks because I thought I was losing my mind. I now think I have grown immune to them and they just don't work anymore. I now suffer with health anxiety and currently think I have esophageal cancer. I have lost about 8 pound in weight and have aches and pains everywhere and feel sick to my stomach. I have had every cancer going and can't cope with living like this any longer. My life is miserable, I don't look forward to anything anymore because I am so worried about this. Every time I have a ache or pain or feel sick etc, I Google my symptoms and cancer always comes up. I can't live like this anymore.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Did tha paroxatine work for a while?

Could be worth going to doc and asking to change to another med, it may have worn off, but there are others that can help

• Posted

Hi Lisa, I think this time of year bring on anxiety, I am going through it right now. Your aches and pains could be anxiety and anxiety can also bring on fibromyalgia. I think my anxiety has brought this on for me. I have aches all over but mostly in my upper back. I saw a consultant last week and I am being referred to a rhuematologist to be tested for this.Fibromyalgia can give you acid reflux, migraines, anxiety and all sorts. I have lost a stone in weight since October. My consultant suggested changing my citalopram to beta blockers. It may be worth looking it up. Best wishes for a peaceful Christmas.
  • Posted

Hi lisa.

I was suffering bad anxiety & head numbness/aches & pains in side of head.I saw a really good doc & he recommended Pregabalin which is used for a number of conditions,including anxiety/neuropathic pain/fibromyalgia..It's technically a anti epilepsy drug & since taking it (over a year now) I have got my anxiety cleared & my head pain down to a minimal level.

Maybe you could talk to your doc & mention pregab to him/her & see if it may help you.

All the best for a pain free life.

Regards.

YOD.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.