health anxiety

Posted , 13 users are following.

hey as anybody got health anxiety out there?? i am sooo sick of it... really need to go to the doctors again as i am not well and in pain but just cant find it in me to go as i am TERRIFIED !!! anybody else been in this situation? jas x

1 like, 66 replies

66 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi jassy yes I have health anxiety really bad but I am the opposite, I can't stay away from the doctors! Are u scared about what they may say?
    • Posted

yes kerry absolutley petrified what there going to tell me... need a scan and keep delaying it because my health anxiety wont let me go.. all i do is cry.. i really wished i was like you.. xxx
    • Posted

Yes I have bad health anxiety I use to be like you scared to go to Dr,I'm still petrified of what they will say but I'm at the Dr more then I can count since July cause I have a son to raise I owe it to him to go.its very very hard to go though I hyperventilate and just plain freak out. I know its hard take baby steps make an app and have someone go with you.just go and talk to Dr that's what I did first all next app I had thyroid test I worked my way up to having so many labs and things done. Good luck I wish you the best
    • Posted

wow pamela u done so.well... yes thats exactly me... i go there and i start crying and hyperventilating ... with sheer fear .. i have a son to raise as well and even that cant make me feel any better about being strong enough... i owe it my son but i am terrified what they will find wrong with me... even tho my doc is lovely and he always tries hard to make me feel better... but because i am still in pain 6 months later i am terrifiwd what is wrong with me .. i am actually living oike its my final days... its awful xx
    • Posted

Please just go to Dr and get the scan you could have a fibroid those make you pee a lot and hurt depending on the size and those are benign
    • Posted

i must i kno pamela ... in a terrible place... thank u for reply xx
  • Posted

Hey my lovely xx what sort of pain are you in? You need to go to the doctors if your poorly because they can help you before it gets out of control... I have a lot of anxiety about how I look and what people think of me... Here if you want to chat xxx Stacey xx
    • Posted

hello stacey... had terrible pelvis pain on amd off since july... which is so tender and painful when i press it.. been urinating lots as well...i need a scan but am convinced i av cancer and cant bring myself to go incase they give me bad news... i am a mess as this has caused me severe depression and dont want to leave house or anyone to. see me... i am a big bubbly girl with a massive personality but this has totally took my identity off me the stress and worry xx
  • Posted

I am 15 and I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety but I can't stop worrying that I'm going to have a heart attack/die sad. I have been to the doctors a few times and the hospital and had 2 ECGs and a chest X-ray as well as blood pressure,oxygen levels,temperature,weight and listening to my heart and lungs. They're saying I'm young and they're not worried about my heart and that I'm fine but I'm really not I can't stop thinking about it and I have like every heart attack symptom!! I know that anxiety can cause them but I'm so worried. I went to the hospital 2/3 times.. I want more tests but I don't think they will give them me,what's are you worrying about ? Xx
    • Posted

i need a scan but am so scared to go and have it incase they find something thats going to kill me... xx
    • Posted

Aww bless you! Please don't google your pains and problems tho because you will only drive yourself insane sad

Mine is all back to when I put on weight after my knee operation I put on so much weight! Then when I started to feel better about myself I had a cyst on my ovary and it was awful! I had my ovary and cyst removed but I can't help but think that the cyst will return or grow on my other ovary xxxxx

• Posted

stacey its just awful... i feel sooo low .. cant see anyway out of it... this pain i have been in is all across pelvis .. it may be coming from my ovaries... it could well be cysts or fibroids .. but my mind is made up that i am full of cancer.. its breaking my world... i have no control over worrying myself into the ground... how did u know u had cysts? did u have tender pain in pelvis and wee alot? xx
    • Posted

I had a lot of severe pain around my right side of my pelvis and then surrounding my kidney area... I was rushed in to A&E and given a CT scan, But they didn't pick up on this time it wasn't until I got rushed back in again by ambulance 4 hours later they discovered a 11x10x10cm dermoid cyst! I've been suffering with depression and anxiety since! That was back in March last year, I had my right ovary, tube and dermoid cyst removed! Xxxx
    • Posted

Hey sorry I've only just seen this ... I had pains around my right side of my pelvis like period pains but more intense . Then pain in my kidneys on my right side I got palmed off with kidney and serve bladder infection xxxxxx
    • Posted

hi stacy,i had a ultrascan about 2year ago,said i had a cyst on my right ovary told me it was better just left,Β  but for the past 6weeks i have been having pain on my right side,,then last week went to toilet for wee and when i wiped myself there was blood there,which really scared me,,i got ready went a and e,,did water test and said there was a bit of blood in my water,,did a blood test,,said it was normal,but i dont know what the blood test was for,doctor told me he wasnt worried about my test cause nothing directed him there was anything sinister going on,i then had a ultra sound on my ovary came back my cyst had grown a little, he said he wasnt concerned and ifΒ  you are go and see your doctor,i asked why the blood ,,he said could be a strain,,but surly i would of felt if i strained my self,,i have been googleing and now i have it in my head its bladder cancer and i now feel100 times worse.xx

Β 

• Posted

Hey josey ... That's very strange I would keep pushing and pushing because I got sent away like I said with a kidney and bladder infection and then on my return only hours later being told I would lose my ovary because they had missed my cyst! I've done the whole googling thing and I worked myself up and thought o had ovarian cancer that my cyst was going to regrow and that I had leukaemia as I had some severe bruising on my back ! Google is the worst thing because it makes you worry even more! You know your body better than anyone else babe so go and get checked out again really tell them your in pain and you want something done because you can't go on! I'm glad I kept pushing ! Even tho I still get odd bits of pain every now and again rolleyes

I don't know how blood in your wee isn't alarming for them and they palm you off like its normal! They are there to help you not push you away to worry ! Grrrrr doctors annoy me !!!! How are you feeling today ? Pm me if you want to chat further xxxx

• Posted

Hi Stacy,,the worring is worse than the illness, phoned doctor up monday,couldnt get appointment till thursday,then he will probably say he will make arrangements for more test,,,,then its the waiting game again,, i will see what he says on thursday,any waiting and im just going too go private,cause i cant stand this worrying, it wouldnt be so bad if this pain wasnt here all the time reminding me,the worry is making me feel sick.,i will let you know how i get on thursday,but my appointment is not till 4oclock,Β  i can remember when you could walk into docs without appointment,now your lucky if you can get in within week,no wonder people just go to Aand E. Speak to you soon.xxx
    • Posted

You are so right its like they just dont care n if yiu go to the er too many times they will get tired of that too i worry alot to but its not good n it only makes it worse. What kind of pain are you in.
    • Posted

Private message me if you want to chat any more I'm always here to reply babe xxx it's the worst thing in the world to be made out like your lying about how your feeling but you need to keep pushing ! If you give up the worry will drag you down even further and it will take you longer to get up ! Believe you me don't get to the rut I was in ... Not eating and pushing the close people away that loved me ! Be brave and stand up for yourself ! Your the one who knows your body like no one else! Look at me I may be one less ovary but I'm a little bit stronger as a woman don't get me wrong I can be an emotional mess but I'm a lot better now! Let me know and keep your positive thought babe 😘😘😘😘 keep me updated xxxx

Stacey xxxx

• Posted

I was the same but then i couldnt stay away from the hospital incase they missed something. Its so horrible i hope it goes away for us all soon and i hope you are feeling better xx
    • Posted

I have tried to stop googling but i just want to know whats wrong with me sad i went back to the hospital 2 weeks ago and had another ECG and blood tests but theres always something new..i hope youre feeling better xxxxx
    • Posted

aww i hope ur ok.amy... i wished i could be like you and keep taking myself back all the time to docs and hospital... i keep well away because i am that terrified... maybe your anxiety is making you feel these symptoms? xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.