health anxiety

Posted , 13 users are following.

hey as anybody got health anxiety out there?? i am sooo sick of it... really need to go to the doctors again as i am not well and in pain but just cant find it in me to go as i am TERRIFIED !!! anybody else been in this situation? jas x

1 like, 66 replies

66 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

yeah i hate the drs my last app my blood pressure was high :\ like 168
    • Posted

its terrifying ... the minute i get in there i start crying even in the waiting room... i just cant get over it... and now i am in pain all these months i need a scan and am frightened to death xxx
    • Posted

Do you mind me asking what the scan is for? You don't have to tell me if you don't want to though x
    • Posted

jassy,  who has said you need a scan?   Why are you frightened of having a scan - they are painless.   Ask a friend to go with you for moral support,  or whoever it is that has told you that you need a scan.

If you are in bad pain it is no good leaving this for a long time as the condition may get worse,  it could be something that is going to be very easily sorted out / dealt with and you will wish you had gone to the Dr earlier.

You need to get over this and will have to if the pain is so bad,   how about you make an appointment to have a chat with the practice nurse, just a chat to put your mind at rest,  they are very nice and will help to put your mind at ease.    

Ring the practice in the morning and explain to the receptionist that you just want to have a quiet chat with the nurse.......   ring first thing before they get busy,   nothing  bad will happen,  just a natter to help put your mind at rest before you make yourself really poorly with worry  ... ok ...

keep warm and try to get a good nights sleep

regards

Jessie   ...  x

• Posted

bless you for ur caring message jessie... because i have had the pain so long ... the doctor said for me to have a scan... see whats happening ... soon as he said tbe words i burst out crying... its a horrible tender pain.. when i press on it its like a bad bad bruised feeling ... i am not scared of the scan i am scared what they will tell me... i have health anxiety that bad i would rather hide away its awful jess xxx
    • Posted

its for my pelvis as i have had pain in me pelvis sunce july... like a bad bad bruised feeling when i.press it... and am weeing a lot... am just soooo scared.. its wrecked my life i cant function xx
    • Posted

Bless you hun it really could be something as harmless as ovarian cysts or maybe even an infection which could be cleared up with antibiotics.

Don't delay any longer hun I know it's easier said than done but if you know what it is you can deal with it rather than worrying yourself sick! All the best x

• Posted

i have aged 10 years kerry in 6 months... i am loving in fear of my life... cannot sleep , cannot function.. my husband does everything as well as working full time... i have always been very out going and worked .. now i am a shell of myself because of what is happening.. its took my identity and stripped my personality ... its awful hearing my hubby say he wants his wife back.. i dont think i will ever get over it...xx
    • Posted

I know exactly how you feel hun I have had it for 11 years now! Have you ever had any Cbt? It really helps hun
    • Posted

start it next week.... sonething needs to help me i cant carry on like this xx
    • Posted

Hello jassy,

sweetheart I also do not like going to Drs and being poked and prodded but there are times when needs must.  Now it sounds to me that you are going to have to go at some point Before this possibly becomes something a bit more serious.   Try to think on that having the painless small scan is going to show if there is a problem that can be sorted out maybe even by a course of tablets,  are you worrying that you may have cancer??,  even cancer is not the terrible illness it once was,  I promise you that - I had it many years ago, a couple of surgeries sorted it all out for me.

Jassy,  you have a husband,  a young man who wants his lovely wife back,  I bet he is worrying himself sick about you and how bad you are feeling, for him Jassy,  have the scan and get your life back, be free of this awful pain that is making you feel so sore and your husband worrying so much.  What ever they find -- or don't find..... which could happen,  allow your self to move forward.   I do honestly feel that you would benefit a lot from going to see the practice nurse,  just a chat Jassy,  she could help you with all your fears,  your Dr should have been a bit more caring when you broke down and cried,  sadly they are not always able to give us the time we need,  that is where the nurse can step in and help to set aside all the worries and fears we have about our bodies and what goes wrong with them at times.

Take a deep breath and put your shoulders back Jassy,  please,  make a call to have a chat with the nurse at least,  she won't force you to do anything,  just talk things through with you,  goodness even a chat where you can explain more about this pain - when it starts,  what sets it off,  these things might explain or even suggest a treatment to try and maybe you would not need the scan after all ????  Who knows,  Jassy, tomorrow make an appointment to talk with your practice nurse.... for your husband,   to keep you well for him .................  

It's a start Jassy,  something has to be done,  you can't go on like this.

you take care of yourself....

regards

Jessie x

• Posted

thank.you for.your message jess... yes i am. convinced i have cancer its scaring the hell.out of me... been in pain since july... and its very painful.. all.across my pelvis and am urinating a lot... i am going to.docs this week again see whag he says... i am in an awful mess am absolutley terrified ... to the point i.shake and cry all the time... i feel my life is over... told my husband i wont be aroumd for long... i just feel its the end of the road for me xx
    • Posted

Got your PM Jassy and have replied.    This is well overdue sorting out, you will be so much better when you know for sure what is causing this   pain,  be brave, have the scan - which is over in minutes and totally painless then you will be able to move forward with life ..........   you have a lot to live for and this is holding you back.

Regards

Jessie x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.