Health anxiety

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all. I have health anxiety and it is literally ruining my life!! I am obsessed with checking every part of me to find changes and when I do find something it's intense fear and panic like impending doom. I can't remember the last time I woke up and felt like I wasn't unwell. I am on a counsellor waiting list just don't know what to do in the meantime. Anyone else suffer this bad? Please only genuine sufferers reply as this is embarrassing enough as it is. I have never told anyone about my real problems with fear of being ridiculed. Thanks

0 likes, 36 replies

Report / Delete

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

how long is the waiting list?
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I feel like health anxiety is common with anxiety disorders, I was reading all the replies and all I can say is that I have the exact same symptoms. Over thinking being sick and dying and leaving my daughter alone. Sometimes I even feel like telling people that I'm dying and what to do with my daughter is a terrible thing. I check my body everyday, and since I started suffering from anxiety my bowel has changed so much, costipation, abdominal pain, discomfort under my ribs, pain in my back just to mention a few.Due to all those symptoms I check my stool every single time I go to the restroom because I believe that I have colon cancer. I know how you feel and is awful, I just keep telling myself I'm ok. Anxiety either makes you stronger or kills you, so I know how hard it is to believe yourself that you are ok but is the only way out. So sorry you are going through this, you are going to be ok.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You nailed it for me! Exactly how ice been feeling! Back pain stomachs pain always thinking the worst! And yes checking everything even bowl movements and judging them I'm so tired of this started end of March for me
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Is awful and the only way to deal with this is by becoming stronger, and try to control your anxious mind. I was driving today, and out of the blue I started that amazing feeling on my stomach which is the beginning to a anxiety trip. All I can do is calm myself start my breathing exercises and tell myself that I'm ok. Now, my body is obviously aching from the attack and my chest hurst and obviously I'm thinking I'm having a heart problem.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I feel your pain, honestly is awful what it does to your mind. I understand you completely there is not one day that goes by than I don't think about dying. I try to keep myself busy and good people.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I feel the same as u since January when i had my first panic attack I have diagnosed myself with a heart attack a stroke cancer and now I am convinced I have dvt while has went to my Lung it's awful . I have been to doctor and they say all is fine but I can't relax. U r not alone xx
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up