Health Anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Very anxious at the momemt because i think I have a brain tumour.  Had eye and neuro test and no concerns.  Once I get these thoughts it takes over my life.  I have also done the ultimate sin by going on Google to check symptoms

1 like, 27 replies

Report / Delete

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You and I are currently going through the same thing! But what are your reasons for thinking you have a brain tumour? I've been having head pressure and just weird head sensations like vibrating almost. .hard to explain.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Had headaches for about six weeks.  Eyes tested ok neuro exam ok but I still think something is not right.  I presume if they though anything was wrong that they would have sent me for a MRI.  Thanks for replying
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You're welcome! I've been having my head issue for 10 months now and it's been hard dealing with this and having all tests come back normal. I've had ct/mri of brain, ct of my sinuses, blood work, been to Opto, Neuro and ENT. Everything normal! I just don't understand! Maybe it's a virus attacking my system. .I really don't know, but I can understand how you feel.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Don't listen to people. People like that clearly does not know how it feels unless they themselves go through it. I am here if you need to talk, and if I find out anothing new I'll reach out to you. I'm a full time Certified Medical Assistant and a Registered Nursing student. I'm currently in my Neuro's office now hoping they can run more tests. So if you need to talk. ..Holla at me. smile
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Phoebe,

I'm a nurse, and you're quite right about medication headaches. It becomes a vicious circle. I hope that your doctor is really listening to your distress. Please don't leave the forum. There are many here who completely understand how bad things are with you right now. We want to help you. Love from Tess.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi, Somiekat,

So sorry that you're going through this as well. I hope that your neurologist will be able to help you. It's really good that you are supporting Phoebe, as you truly understand her anxieties. If YOU need to talk, message me. Love Tess

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

You're right - anxiety IS a diagnosis - but when someone's going through severe anxiety, they are often unable to accept this. It isn't their fault - it is part of the illness itself.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is so easier to manage once accepted. Thats a fact. Still will have panic attacks but the search for a mysterious deadly illness wouldnt exist. I know many on here are too new to it and its good to get thorough exams and many with panic disorders have ailments and issues aside from the anxiety. Theres no trade offs for anyone. The panic disorder is its own entity with or without a physical illness. I wish there was a way to implant this info everyone.  But most realize it eventually..hopefully. It just sucks.
      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up