Health Anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Very anxious at the momemt because i think I have a brain tumour.  Had eye and neuro test and no concerns.  Once I get these thoughts it takes over my life.  I have also done the ultimate sin by going on Google to check symptoms

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Health aniexty is the worst thing! I've dealt with aniexty for years and it's getting worse, and something still tells me it's not aniexty!! I have been docs nearly everyday tried meds going for cbt next week but I doubt it will even help 😫 Just want to feel normal again! I remember a few years back noticed one of my pupils was bigger then the other I freaked out googled it (worst thing) but I can't help it,turnt out its ok!! Has anyone overcome health aniexty?
    • Posted

I have had 2 lots of CBT, hypnotherapy and meds for depression.  I have worried about that many illnesses I have lost count.  I have spent a fortune on private health.  Feel like I am in a black hole.  Can't see any solution
    • Posted

I can so relate it's horrid! My worst thing is I google everything, literally I google around 40- 50 times a day, and it just spirals out of control. I think my doc is tired of me. I have this we're I feel I can't get a full breath it's mostly allday, and it makes me think how can it be aniexty! Which meds have u tried?
    • Posted

Carlie, you have hit the nail on the head. It really is the WORST thing.  I hope you eventually get over this.

You asked if anyone has ever overcome health anxiety -actually, very recently, my own daughter did. She was 18 when it started, and she's now 33. Medication made her feel worse and she couldn't face any kind of therapy. She got to the point that she was terrified of leaving the house. I cannot tell you how worried we all were as a family, for her.

I also cannot tell you how she broke out of it!

But suddenly, she did. I don't know your views on religion and I won't preach, either, but as a family of Christians we prayed constantly for her.

I, too, went through three years of this awful disorder - I was locked up in a mental hospital. The nurses were horrible to me. my ex-husband wouldn't let any of my four children come and see me. Oh, it was terrible. And my son, who was 14 when he told me this, prayed every day that his mum would come back.

One day I woke up feeling fine - all anxiety and depression gone. I've been fine ever since. It was 17 years ago and I cannot truly tell anyone reading this how I got better. All I know is that it was sudden. I eventually got out of the prison (hospital) and remarried. I hope that this story will give some or all of you, hope. Personally I believe it was the prayer, but I'm not forcing any of you to accept that.

All I hope is that you will recover, eventually recover.

Love to you from Tess.

• Posted

Thank you tess for your reply

I do believe in God and actually noticed I pray a lot more now I'm going through this I'm glad u and your daughter are much better xx

• Posted

Thank you, Carlie. I confess that there were many, many times when i just gave up. I attempted suicide twice.

If you give me your consent, I will pray for you. Keep as positive as you can. At least my story shows that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Love Tess

• Posted

Hi Phoebe,

If you've had the tests and they're normal, then you haven't got a brain tumour.

It isn't a sin to use google!!!!! But it does make people anxiious - and in particular, people who are already very anxious.

Calm down and get into therapy.

I'm going to make a guess here - before the anxiety about the brain tumour, you were anxious about some other serious health problem - and before that, yet another.

I somethings think that google has caused severe anxiety disorder. It certainly hasn't helped it!

I am sorry you're suffering with this awful anxiety. Love Tess

• Posted

And I truly hope that you don't think that I am trivialising your very obvious health problems. If that last message made you feel like that, I am extremely sorry. Reading it again, i can see for myself that it it's rather abrupt. I apologise. love Tess
  • Posted

I feel your plight - I am exactly the same!

Started getting daily headaches with pressure around my eyes & weird head sensations - a mixture of pins & needles, hot flashes & ice pick feelings...this causes my heart to race, my hands to subtly shake & my vision to become not blurred but almost like I can't focus properly...I thought & still think that I must have a tumour or be about to drop dead...I've had 2 eye exams, 3 neuro exams & untold trips to my gp & 2 local urgent care centres...and was told at each visit it's anxiety...I've had 9 sessions of CBT & although calming music & muscle relaxation videos on YouTube can calm me...it's hard to accept that it's only anxiety...my headaches started in February after my dad had suffered a stroke at Christmas...I was fine all the way thru his treatment & rehabilitation but as soon as he came home & I guess my adrenaline stopped then BAM this all started...I want a ct/mri but keep being told it's not nessecery...apparently it gets easier...just thought I'd have a little vent & let u know ur not alone...health is such a worry for so many...it's just us lot that worry more than most I guess xx

• Posted

I was exactly the same, got so I'll with it I got a cat scan last night and it was clear and today I feel great so that's proof it can cause all the symptoms and be anciety. Hope U feel much better soon, take care 😊Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.