Health anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I can't accept wat I'm going through is health anxiety although I'm told it is I get chest pain breathless so I worry and it gets worse I have a drink and next day I literally cannot move I can't see any light at the end of tunnel I'm in such a mess , how long do we have to suffer this 😔

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise, health anxiety certainly can play havoc with our bodies. Has the doctor given you anything to help with anxiety? Maybe worth asking if you have been cleared of anything else. Chest pain and breathlessness is very normal for anxiety, but none the less scary. Hope you find some relief soon.
  • Posted

Hi louise35319 try not to focus on how long you might have to suffer. Now i see you didnt mention about any help you might be getting. With anxiety its good to get get people there helping you. Ive had anxiety with what youve described i wont tell you my story just that it does get easier. I could suggest somethings but try not to worry there is help out there.
    • Posted

I was on fluoxetine and diazepam but feel they only helped for a couple of months
    • Posted

ive been on fluoxetine and diazepam not at the same time. Now im currently taking the medication called effexor or venlefaxine it helped me with what you have described however with effexor it is very hard to come off. Now you need to see a Gp and ask him you need help and that a psychiatrist may be beneficial in this case because a psychiatrist can only prescribe these meds In my opinion ive been on a lot of meds in my time effexor is one of the best for helping you breath. If i dont take it i cant breath at night. Now meds can help this but some people swear by CBT. Message me if you may need any more info. There are alternatives obviously im not a health professional its just what helped me. My opinion. There is light at the end of the tunnel just try to take it easy and speak to your gp or better still a psychiatrist.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.