Health anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm a new to this just going through some issues in my life first and foremost my big one at the moment is health anxiety it all started when I went to my GP and found out I had high blood pressure normally I'd get my meds and go abought my business but this time I kept thinking and thinking and looking at all my symptoms got scared and went back to my GP he said give ur meds time to work so I did still no change than I started to get new aches and pains went back to my GP he gave me some pain pills and anxiety meds told me to not to stress and get plenty of sleep took his advice and yet another trip back to my GP now I find no were to turn as my anxiety has gotten worse anything from heart failure to cancer has gone through my mind I do t feel like I use to I'm so worried with every new pain or body change I'm thinking the worst it started to affect my marriage and my family I can't even enjoy the things that make me happy with out thinking I have a terminal illness please help me to deal with this and what I need to do to get back to living a Happy normal life again thank you in advance

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Adrian!

I have horrible health anxiety, well I kind of always had anxiety but it has got worse within the last year. My grandma died of cancer at 47 and my mom passed from cardiac arrest at 47. So I feel like I either has cancer or i'm going to have a heart attack. Lately I have been worried about having Lupus or fibro. I could be having a great day then BAM the pains and aches in my body, my scalp hurts, my knees and arms so that's what makes me think of Lupus. I can't take this anymore. My 11yr old son even notices, he said " mom you seem different now" :-( any advice anyone?

• Posted

Oh I forgot to mention... I have the following symptoms that make it worse:

Dizziness

pelvic discomfort

feverish ( NO FEVER)

headaches

foggy head

nausea

stomach issues (IBS?)

body aches

• Posted

I have those days too there's not a day that goes by were I see a cancer commercial or a medicine commercial abought heart failure my mind races I start to hurt all over all the symptoms you talked abought I have them too have you seen a gp yet if so what he say and are you on any type of medication if so check the side effects cuz they can mimic aches and pains and symptoms as well what I do day to day is that I first put my mind Ina postivitive phase that helps a lot try to avoid thinking abought your symptoms first off the bat that will set you up for a long day 2nd set a daily goal for your self like im going to complete my work today or I'm going to do something nice for my son something positive I know there are gonna be days that are hard bUT you have the power and control on how you feel and how your going to deal with situations that come up remember thing positive in everything you do that will make a big difference best of luck to you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.