Health anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm not exactly sure if this is related to my anxiety

I was sleeping just fine except with a little chest discomfort that when I held I felt a bit better then all of a sudden I got this really sharp pain under my chin then I freaked out.bthen I was having chest pain in sternum that went into right ribs and back and shoulder blades.

I thought I'd tried to get up and I just felt like I couldn't breathe and when I stood up it almost felt like I was drinking he night before like I was a bei light headed and my eyes felt all weird and they still do just sitting here o still have shortness of breath also racing heart that slowed once I sat down. Just feels like my pulse is slow now and that my heart is going to just stop at any moment and I'm extremely tired.

I'm so worried this is more serious.

I'm 24 with no family history of heart issues and was just in ER 3 days ago had ekg chest X-ray and bloods that they said were all normal I also just turned in my heart monitor yesterday and I'm waiting for those results

I was diagnosed with costochondritis and I have acid reflux.

But what I am experiencing now is all new to me and I'm not sure what to do

1 like, 108 replies

108 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I sorry to hear what you're going through but I can't relate and it is so hard to deal with I feel like I can't breathe all day I got her palpitations I have gastritis and something keeps moving under my rib I think I have a hernia I had all this before the only difference is my tachycardia is not acting up just palpitations my medicine is not working I'm usually in the sixties now I'm in the seventies and eighties but this time it started in my stomach not with my heart I'm still trying to figure this all out my doctor raised my medicine but after two weeks it's making me really dizzy making my blood pressure too low I had to go back to my normal dosage which doesn't help my palpitations I still go out to the store and stuff like that but when I do as I walk out the door nervousness starts and it makes everything worse we just got to hang in there and fight and find out what the cause is but if you need somebody to talk to I'm always here

• Posted

Thank you for replying!! What other things do you experience? Right now I feel I can't breathe like there is something in my airway n I feel like my brain isn't getting oxygen! I am getting back pains and I'm terrified of a blood clot sad

• Posted

When that happens stop and ask yourself what am I thinking about, ? Write it down if you can. I also heard of some people taking the time to notice , touch and feel and smell things in the present moment in order to avoid getting wound up in your thoughts.
    • Posted

Maybe I need to keep better track of that! But I can say that in usually thinking about death all day long and about blood clots and strokes and what not! Like I have so much negativity going in it seems!
    • Posted

That's my main one feeling like I can't breath but I get tightness in head neck nervousness my other main thing palpations u always feel like ur not breathing right like it changed I hate that

• Posted

Ugh it's horrible it's really making me feel like I'm dying like how can I not be after feeling all this.... I don't want to be but in just miserable!!! I get head tightness when I'm going through an attack I just can't passed the feeling of something being in my chest or airway that's going to cause a stroke.... Do I fear strokes?

• Posted

It is terrible I don't fear anything I've been through all this before any difference now is my heart rate is not going 1:40 so my medicine is working a little bit that's a lot better than what I did I think I 75 milligrams was too much so went back to the 50 but it don't do too much for the palpitations waiting for my doctor to set up a CT scan to see if I have a hernia and something is moving underneath my rib that may be the cause of all my problems but I've been fighting it every day when I went shopping today I can't wait to be down my anxiety acting up so bad soon as I walk out the door everything starts to tighten it sucks it's almost midnight here I fell asleep around 8 and slept 3 hours cuz once I eased up I was so tired

• Posted

I'm glad ur meds are Workin... What are you on? I'm going through test after test so I'm just at my wits end idk what to think anymore

• Posted

But medication not working as far as palpitations I take my metoprolol 50 milligrams twice a day I just got off 75 milligrams today I was taking it for two and a half weeks but it started making me really dizzy like I was going to pass out well when you're done with all your test if it comes back find that it is just anxiety

• Posted

Yes I'm still waiting on the results the last cr scan I had was in August so I'm worried something could have happened in my body since then 😳 I'm just so achy and stuff and can't breathe! I hate taking meds because I just feel like they make me worse sometimes!

• Posted

Yeah I won't take anxiety meds but don't get yourself all worked up just wait for the results I don't even worry anymore I'm not afraid to die which I know this ain't going to kill me so I want to know what's causing it so I can fix it but I'm not afraid but my body still act like it does with anxiety

• Posted

I'm kind of scared to die like I don't want to leave my kids because they need me and I need them more I guess I'm more scared of what happens after we die ya know! As long as my results come back fine I won't worry anymore!

• Posted

Well don't worry now why worry about something and you don't even know if anything's wrong more or less it's probably just anxiety don't get yourself worked up over something that you don't even know yet

• Posted

Best thing for you to do is go get yourself some rest and your sleep you won't be thinking about anything

• Posted

Yeah ur 100% right!! I worry myself too much and I'm sure it makes all this so much worse!!

• Posted

I have had the same experiences. Its very scary. Sometimes out of nowhere my head tightens up and goes numb. Along with my left arm. Dr says all my tests are good. But I wonder are they missing something. Every day I have this fear Im gonna have a heart attack. I also have chest pains.. pain in my upper back between my shoulder blades and sharp pains in my head and my left arm!!
    • Posted

Yeah it's so hard not to fear the worst when we live with these pains and sensations daily! I am trying to tell myself that I have been checked and that everything was all cleared so I need to chill out lol worrying is making it worse! I hate thinking what are they missing it drives me crazy thinking about it all!

Right now all I wish I could do is just move on from it all! And try to get past all these symptoms!

I was told I have fibromyalgia and costochondritis they're both linked ... Do you have these? Maybe ask a doctor about it and have them check you they're pretty hard to diagnose and they're not life threatening just can be the cause of all ur pains! Especially if all ur major tests come back clear!

• Posted

I haven't been checked for fibromyalgia... My Mom and Aunt and grandma have it. I go yet again to the Dr in 2 weeks.. I feel like she is gonna think Im a hypochondriac or something. Im just tired and want relief. I never feel rested go to bed anxious and worrying.. wake up the same.

• Posted

I never feel rested either and sleep horrible and wake up the same in the morning it's just never ending 😞

• Posted

I sleep this is not as much as I used to that's the only time that I don't feel like crap I can't wait to go to sleep

• Posted

How are you feeling today yesterday was terrible for me today is a little bit better it is a challenge to keep going
    • Posted

These last couple days have been ok for me... Still having a hard time breathing but I've been a lil happier! I got my results from my monitor today and the doc said everything looked good so I guess that's good!!

What's been going on? How you been feeling?

• Posted

Well yesterday I got really, but I actually felt like I could bring that my head my neck in my chest a little bit was feeling a little tight I know it can't be from my medicine cuz I've been taking it for 9 years but I don't understand but it called my anxiety so much I need feeling anxiety really add a little shortness of breath

• Posted

Are you doing better now? I constantly have shortness of breath I'm getting so sick of it!

I keep getting this weird sensation with my heart like it's not beating or in getting heart palpitations that makes me feel like my heart is going to just stop 😞 I don't understand it

• Posted

This morning was awful about the head pressure talking all slow I feel a little bit better right now I always get that sensation goes from my head to my chest it's like a weird tickle and it messes with my breathing I'm tired of this s*** too I just want to be me I'm taking care of little ones just like you and I know what the challenges are

• Posted

Also I hate when it messes with my eyesight I'll be at the store and it'd be messing with me

• Posted

I've had those exact same Higgs happen to me! My eyes still go all crazy on me I hate it!! The head pressure is the worst once I stopped paying attention it kinda went away until u have a panic attack then it comes back! I just want my chest to stop hurting 😞

• Posted

Oh ok, I'm 24. Have you dealt with anxiety for a while now? I just want to overcome it soon!

• Posted

I want to overcome it soon too yesterday afternoon I actually felt like myself it felt so good and then by that time it started to act up a little bit so I just want to sleep but today I took my uncle shopping and I did a little shopping and it was awful so tight feel like I can't breathe started to ease off but it's still here then go away completely so when I do get a day where it actually goes away for a few hours I enjoy it

• Posted

I hate feeling like I can't breathe!! I'm half to hear you had a good day yesterday! Do you ever get real dizzy and the more you do it makes it worse?

• Posted

Yeah sometimes I get dizzy but I sit down for a minute I get up try not to let it get to me
    • Posted

Yeah that's why I'm trying to do now I'm just super exhausted at the same time! It's not a good combo lol

• Posted

I'm getting ready to relax it eased off some but I've been going all day and it was talking with it and shopping

• Posted

The breathing makes it difficult for me everything was tight felt like it was hard to breathe
    • Posted

That happens to me all throughout the day basically everyday!! It's the worst!! Super scary and makes it almost impossible to do anything half the time

• Posted

I understand how you feel most of the time I have to get up and do something sitting there makes it worse and sometimes doing something makes it worse
    • Posted

How have u been when's the last time u left the house I know u said u could not go anywhere do u have help with ur children yesterday morning not to bad rest of day felt good started last night a different feeling in breathing I hate that today same feeling can't wait till this goes away for good this feeling of can't breath is for the birds

• Posted

I've been in tthe breathing was getting better and it's kinda back tonight but I went out last night with my husband and the in laws we went drinking and I may have drank too much because this morning I was so dehydrated and dizzy and puking yellow green stuff so obviously that made me panic a bit... I also had chest pain with the puking last night and my hubby reassured me I was fine and then this morning I was still puking but when I would puke I would get heart palpitations and I'd sweat a lol bit so I've been worried about that all day.... Other than that tho I was doing ok I was getting around the house more and being more active cleaning and stuff... Half the time no i don't have help with my kids... Friday I went in for a cr scan to check my abdomen and check for a hernia I believe or something that can explain this sob so I should know more by Monday hopefully!!

• Posted

That's good I'm glad you feel a little bit better yesterday was a good day for me I was so exhausted I could keep my eyes open I slept for an hour got up to go to the bathroom went back to sleep then of course felt like I couldn't breathe I had all this mucus and stuff for my chest so that woke me up sleep as good as I wanted to

• Posted

Yes it is going through it now I took a nap it woke me up I been good for 2days little trouble in the morning still felt an after affect but so far today a little ruff
    • Posted

I pray every night and I have faith and since I have some good days keep my hopes up
    • Posted

To pray so much!! I'm ok I have issues here and there. I just try not to let it freak me out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.