Health anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm not exactly sure if this is related to my anxiety

I was sleeping just fine except with a little chest discomfort that when I held I felt a bit better then all of a sudden I got this really sharp pain under my chin then I freaked out.bthen I was having chest pain in sternum that went into right ribs and back and shoulder blades.

I thought I'd tried to get up and I just felt like I couldn't breathe and when I stood up it almost felt like I was drinking he night before like I was a bei light headed and my eyes felt all weird and they still do just sitting here o still have shortness of breath also racing heart that slowed once I sat down. Just feels like my pulse is slow now and that my heart is going to just stop at any moment and I'm extremely tired.

I'm so worried this is more serious.

I'm 24 with no family history of heart issues and was just in ER 3 days ago had ekg chest X-ray and bloods that they said were all normal I also just turned in my heart monitor yesterday and I'm waiting for those results

I was diagnosed with costochondritis and I have acid reflux.

But what I am experiencing now is all new to me and I'm not sure what to do

1 like, 108 replies

108 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I have this issue daily lol. Just a bad panic attack, don't worry. You were in the ER and they cleared you. The holter is probably being read today or even yesterday, the cardiologist wouldve called already if it was something immediately dangerous.

• Posted

Aw thank you! You actually made me feel so much better! You're right they would've called if it were super serious! I was wondering if they would be able to tell on the monitor if anything At all was wrong with the monitor like if there was a blood clot in the heart! Do you think they could see that? I've been worried a bit blood clots 😳

• Posted

If you got bloodwork, I'm sure they checked. The xray could most likely tell, but they do blood work because they have one where your levels will be out of whack if you had a clot anywhere in your body.. I never even knew this until my doctor sent me to the hospital because my anxiety pains were mimicing a lung blood clot. I promise you that you're okay.. Is the pain gone now? I also have costochondritis and it's so extremely painful, especially when you're anxious.

• Posted

Yeah they checked bloods and said no blood clots but I've heard of ppl getting that test n still having a blood clot but I'm sure it was accurate I'm just scaring myself! No the pain is still here and I have costochondritis as well and am on anti inflammatories for it! It's like I just think this up in my head and think that I can actually feel it happening or something. Sometimes idc if I'm really feeling these things or its in my head... I can't tell anymore!

• Posted

Did you have pains during your holter? I alerted mine for palps, pain, etc.. They said not one of the things I alerted was related to my heart.. I'm letting you know they'll probably say you have sinus tachychardia.. I panicked when they told me I do, but my doctor said literally almost everyone has that. Its just when your heart goes above 100 with excersise, so don't be alarmed. I remember being terrified when I heard that I had it at first.. Try a heating pad over the pain for a while.. Those muscles won't stop hurting until you are completely calm again, as you probably already know

• Posted

Yeah I just recorded anything I felt was abnormal!

What pains do get with your Costo? Like right now I'm getting pretty achy back and chest pain that I feel is worse than before.

• Posted

A co-worker of mine had a blood clot. He was quite in pain and had pain while breathing as well. So I am sure you are A OK. A breath of fresh air would do slot of good. smile

• Posted

I get back pain and chest pain, the chest pain is usually in the middle of my chest but a bit off to the left side. It will wrap around the left side sometimes, and I have it a ton under my left breast. My left shoulder blade hurts whenever I get stressed, not sure if that is costo related or just mind games.
    • Posted

Is he ok now? I hope he is! Yeah I'm hoping it's all in my head! Thank you for the reassurance 😊

• Posted

Ok I get all that too! I'm having a hard time knowing what the Costo pain is and he stress pain...!im always tensing up which I'm sure isn't helping my situation one bit

• Posted

Yeah he is perfectly fine. If it comes and goes with your emotions then it's not heart related. Stressful thoughts can cause all kinds of symptoms. I like going for a walk once or twice a day and just smell and breath the fresh air around you. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.