Health anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi was wondering if anyone can relate I have gad OCD and health anxiety I constantly feel ill my stomach gets bloated my bowel movements are all over the place I feel sick never hungry the list is endless.

I have seen about 10 drs all that tell me it's anxiety and chronic stress (been through a really stressful time but out the other side now) can anyone relate when I was really bad I googled every symptom going and now I know too much I panic about everything I have had 2 loads of full bloods all clear a all clear ca125 test 2 stomach examinations 1 internal and there is nothing drs just tell me to calm down.

I can't help thinking something has been missed and even on a good day I will be laughing with my husband about something and then I think enjoy this you won't be around for much longer.

It's taking over my life I take sertraline 50mg which seems to be taking the edge off I am so sick of being like this 🙁

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello Linzi.

I think the doctors need to refer you to a menatl health professional , they will have more experience with your symptoms.Many folk believe they have a serious illness when they feel the way you describe but in fact it is really down to anxiety and the controlling effects it has on your mental and physical wellbeing.

Have you had a stressful time of late or experienced any psychological trauma such as loss of a loved one or a close friend ?

Neil.

• Posted

Thanks for replies I have had a really stressful time recently I got married then there was major drama with my husbands family bullying me I was at a all time low all though things are looking up just wish. Y stress levels and anxiety would follow nice to know I'm not alone 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.