Health Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone I'm having a really funny day today in regards to my mood and just don't no where to turn..I have suffered from health anxiety for 2 months now and it is literallt driving me insane..it started after i got yellow patches on my eyes, to cut a long story short i turned to my worst enemy which is GOOGLE and in turn found out it could be linked to heart attaches!.From that moment i thought that's it in done for..after a full blood test however i was told im fine and its most likely inherited.

Since then the anxiety has got worse..i felt glands in my neck which i proddedd and poked until i made them swollen just for the doctor to tell me I'm ok and most likely getting over a cold..i then moved on to my breast and checking once a day has now turned in to checking 100 times a day and in turn making them sore..after a check up at the doctors I was told he couldn't find a lump and if he had any concerns he would of sent me for a mammogram..the anxiety left after the appoinment but still haunts me daily with thoughts here and there someone plz help me!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi. What treatment are you having for your anxiety?? The one thing you have to do more than anything is stop googling symptoms.....You will make yourself even worse. Its hard when your health is at the front of your mind all the time.
    • Posted

currently doing CBT with a therapist which helps a lot its just the thoughts still play on my mind
    • Posted

I think CBT will help a lot. It will take time though. Have you tried looking at relaxation videos to help you relax and unwind.....distract your mind?? It's hard when those anxious thoughts take over our mind. What about any meds??? I know they are not for everyone but I find they just help me control how I react to things

• Posted

I haven't looked in to any relaxation methods but im going to have to because the thoughts r really getting me down now and I dont want to spend the rest of my life worrying about what might go wrong..its very upsetting.

In regards to meds i haven't as dont want to try any.

• Posted

It is very upsetting and distressing. Its awful feeling this way. Speak to your Dr tomorrow and see what he suggests. Meds are frightening and they are not for everyone. Your dr can help you come up qith a treatment plan you are comfortable with. Like you said nobody wants to continue feeling this way
    • Posted

I had therapy yesterday and was given techniques to follow and I had a great today but today I have just felt not great cos it's been coming and going from my mind..i can't help but think i must be sick even tho I have been reassured I am not by 3 doctors!

• Posted

That's the bad thing with Anxiety. It messes with how we react to things. We can't rationalise our thoughts. Then we start jumping to conclusions and make ourselves think the worst

• Posted

Exactly its awful i am 29 and never thought i would experience anything like this.

• Posted

Hi chantelle

​I know this is a horrible time for you but it will pass. Anxiety is so debilitating,we all understand and have gone through or still going through the feelings that you describe. Things will settle honestly.

The others have given really good advice and coping strategies to help . These really do work and also distract you from these intrusive negative thoughts and feelings.

CBT is really helpful for the majority of people and is well worth trying.

We are all here for you as well as each other. Take heart in that and try to move on . Tomorrow is another day.

• Posted

Thank you its nice to know i am.not the only one who feels like this. I have felt so alone lately. Thanks for the advice speaking to others has truly helped. booking another cbt session for next week and really trying to use the techniques he gave me to stay focused at home
    • Posted

No problem Chantelle. Your therapist may give you some tapes to listen to at home too. They usually advise listening to them on a regular basis . Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.