Health anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I'm an 18 y/o girl with a fear of throwing up. Please answer quickly. Tonight I was falling asleep while laying on my stomach. A few minutes before I ate a few peanut butter pretzels. After starting to doze I got this stomach pain that kind of burned. I've been having some gas and bloating tonight too. But I got that sudden pain and immediately felt a little nauseas (might be from panicking right away). But I took my medicine for nausea and took my temp right away. My temp sas fine and normal and I want to go to sleep but just feel uncomfortable and have some reflux. Can anyone tell what this is from? Was it just laying on my stomach that way?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hey sweet girl, I'm sorry you're suffering from this, but you need not worry, it's just your anxiety

You see our brain and gut have the strongest friendship in whole body, when one of them messes up, another one also does, so maybe it's upset stomach causing anxiety or anxiety causing upset stomach

I would suggest you to not pay attention to it as it will make things only worse and avoid sleeping on you tummy and avoid peanuts and junks as they make things worse, if you need any other help, you can always ask

We're here to help since I'm suffering anxiety and panics since two years now

Cheers

• Posted

Thank you. It's so hard to tell sometimes but ive recently started therapy and I'm hoping it will help and I will keep in mind what to avaoid

• Posted

Hi It sounds as though you lay down too soon after eating and stomach acid tracked up your food pipe-oesophagus- and irritated it. Have u tried not eating before going to bed? Only eat 3 hours prior to going to bed. You can also sleep propped up on pillows to see if this helps. Gaviscon is good just before going to bed, just a teaspoonful is what I take at bedtime. Se if these simple measures work. If they don't please discuss with your dr. Do u smoke or drink? These can irritate the lining of the stomach.

• Posted

Okay okay I will definitely try that it makes sense as to why I was not feeling good. And no I used to do both but only once in a great while do I drink or smoke(marijuana). But I will avoid it thank you so much

• Posted

Hi,

I think you had stomach pain because of peanuts. Peanuts make gastric in the stomach and also causes burning sensation in your stomach. It's happened to me too. That's why I am sure about this. You must go to doctor.

• Posted

I've never had a problem with peanuts before in fact they've been a big part of my diet for as long as I can remember could it change suddenly?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.