Health Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

So about two months ago I went to the doctors because I had a swollen lymph node on the side on my neck and under my chin. The one under my chin was very noticeable and freaked me out. She told me it was probably a viral infection and did blood work which came back normal. Now the swelling had gone down a lot. The gland under my chin is no longer swollen to the point where it is sticking out. But I’ve became so obsessed with it that I don’t know what size it should be..if that makes any sense. I had never noticed it or anything before it was swollen so now I’m always feeling it. I know I shouldn’t be freaking out because I went back to the doctors a couple weeks later and she told me I’m fine but I still get freaked out about it even though the swelling went down. Any advice?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would go back to the drs. Have you got any other signs and symptoms apart from worrying which is understandable? I trained as a nurse.
    • Posted

The swelling has gone down almost completely. My issue is repeatedly feeling them 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.