Health anxiety and scared to death, HELP

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I need some advice because I am not doing very well. Omg I feel so rediculous but I need some help.  Last Tuesday I went to my PCP to have blood taken.  Just a routine blood tests for a physical.  The nurse took my blood, and said ok the doctor will get the result tomorrow (meaning Wed) he has to review it. You can call at the end of the week and speak to a nurse about the findings.  Or she said we'll call you or you'll get a letter...The week went by and now it is Sunday and I am scared to death to call and find out the results.  Cholesterol, Glucose, blood levels..I am just petrafied that something will be wrong.  My heart is racing, my hands are sweating just thinking about it.  I am 49 and a mother of two, I should grow up, but I'm scared to death..please some advice

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

I know you dont want to but you need to pick up the phone and call them. You are very likely to have been contacted by them already if you have worrying results so you should take that you havent as a good sign. Ring them as your anxiety will not calm down until you have got answers
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

They would have called if something was wrong.. Liability too high otherwise. You know what i do..i call and say can you please mail me a copy of all the blood work for my files and give your name and such. It does two things. One it forces the doctor to sign iff on it so he sees it and two you get your results. You sound very anxious, im so sorry you feel that way based on your age have you done a full hormone test with the gyn? Peri menapause, or menapause symptoms are no friend to anxiety. I passed thru peri not even realizing it was hormonal because im an anxious oerson and now in menapause which accompanies some stuff as well. Hard being a woman. Im am also around the same age as you. Lastly, if this was your childs blood tests im positive youd be in that phone and not give a hoot about the receptionist feelings, its their job! You know that you are an important person and your well bring matter very much. Its so unfair we feel less then human or deserving of care because we are anxious. This crap makes us very vulnerable.I say this with love but screw everyone else who doesnt understand this, this is no picnic we are all passing thru what feels like hell at times. Theres a ton of people in the same boat and its is dumbfounding the research is so little. Feel better and go get your results. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i had to have 3 tubes of blood taken from me recently because my councillor organised it, due to me admitting to her how much i drank.  I was told that "no news was good news".

I heard nothing after 6 days, and that was petrifying to someone (me) who won't open letters or answer the telephone (i'm in debt, and very paranoid).

2 weeks later, i did some enquiries - nothing wrong.  

You need to call, or accept that you're totally fine.  I know it's incredibly hard, but it's the only way

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up