Health anxiety as any one recoverd and if so how did you do it

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello iv had health anxiety since I had my boy 5 months ago I have loads of physical symptoms which does make me depressed.... I understand the way to recover is to no longer pay attention and care about the anxiety but how do I.do that it's hard everyday I wake up and that's all I think about

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Are you on medication help you cope?
    • Posted

I tried for months to fight my health anxeity myself but it just got worse until i started breaking out into panic attacks,  I was reluctant to start medication but I finally gave in and I seem to be doing a lot better after month on them.  The start up is awful but no more awful than what your already going through.  Stay strong no matter what you decide to do and remember you control your mind not the other way around.
    • Posted

I no I wad having panick attacks and I had to tell myself not to be afraid of them cuz it's fear that they live on and I haven't had one yet x
    • Posted

Yes alot of time you just need to work it out in your head and accept that you have anxeity and that there is nothing to worry about.  You also need a good support structure let everyone know what your going through and ask for help to fight your fears, make them push you to face them.
    • Posted

I no cuz I feel anxious now but I no there is nothing to worry about but I reckon it's become a habbit to think and feel this way
    • Posted

Yes I feel it too today but I know its not real the more you fight through it the less strong it will be with or without meds.  
  • Posted

Hi stacey

i also had a baby boy 5 months ago, I have suffered from anxiety on and off for 8 years, but had to come off my meds to have both my children, 4 weeks ago my anxiety came back totally from nowhere as I had been great throughout my whole pregnancy, I then had the implant fitted 8 weeks ago which I have actually had removed today as I believe this was a contributing factor for my anxiety.

4 weeks ago I started back on my meds and yes the side effects were awful for the 1st 2 and a half weeks but I'm starting to feel an improvement, I am starting to go out again.

i had stopped going out even to our local shop, couldn't do the school run, just kept crying,  awful thoughts, not sleeping the list is endless but the best decision for me and my family was to start taking my meds again.

the meds you were on perhaps weren't the right ones but. There are others that may work for you

good luck hope you feel better soon xx

• Posted

Hi I remember having anxiety as a kid but never had it diagnosed but it just went as I got older but having my baby brought it all back I think it's cuz I had a few problems with pre clamsia and me n my partner was going threw bad time I want to try and beat it naturally as I feel from when I first had him I was really bad compared to now so I feel I am making g slight improvement x
  • Posted

The physical symproms are what sends me into a severe panic. I have been really bad for the last 2 months and I can't cope. What physical symptoms do you have ? I think I have had everyone possible and I google and it makes me worse. I can't get over this
    • Posted

You CAN and WILL get over this I promise you I was really bad few months ago having panick attack after panick attack but now I'm not as bad as I was then I'm still suffering but no so servere... I have chest pain arm pain breathlessness dizziness vision problems shaking head achs tierd. ... But some are not so bad bow because iv become less afraid of them... What u need to do is get urself a paper pad and a pen and when you get a symptom that scares you write it down and then write down what's the worst thing that can happen and then write down what other things that it could be that's not so bad and then it helps you change your thinking but you need to stick to it cuz nothink will change over night

E.g - chest pains - oh no I'm gonna have heart attack..... Hold on it could be a simple cold.... Or iv pulled a chest muscle.....or I'm just over breathing.....

Leg pain --- oh no iv got a blood clot..... Hold on it could be theory iv slept or I.could of pulled a muscle orange my leg and not realised do you u understand what I'm getting at x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.