Health Anxiety eating me alive!

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past two months I've had health anxiety. This happened at a time where I was going through a big stress in my life (where I just got back my daughter from being in full time care with my parents whilst I received psychotherapy). My daughters dad died last year of suicide sad

Before this I didn't really care about my health, even with a bad back which I've had since my daughter was born I could never be arsed to go to the doctor. Now past two months all I can do is obsess about my health. My consultant and CPN are aware. My parents just think I'm being silly. It's ruining my entire life. I've had to move out of my home back with my parents because I can't cope. I have lost interest with everything I do.

I've had the normal blood tests done full blood count, kidney function, liver, thyroid, ECG, chest X-ray (as I've had 3 admissions to a&e in past two months because of physical symptoms, mainly worried I'm having a heart attack because of chest pain/shoulder pain. Now I've got over that I am so convinced I have Cancer like I just know I do and I will prove to everyone I do. I am losing weight rapidly as I constantly have no appetite, feel nauseas and this has been the last 5 weeks and I've had pain in my left rib cage. Nothing in my life has ever ruined my appetite, not even when my world fell apart at losing my daughters dad and you think it would.

I have a Pap smear coming up and I really don't want it done sad But I know I have to. I know what the results will be sad I don't want my daughter to be left without a mum. sad I'm so scared. I feel like my brain is eating me alive.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh yeah forgot to mention all my tests came back fine and all I've found to have was a borderline b12 defiancy of 192 which weirdly doesn't worry me. I'm not anemic doc reviewing me in 4 weeks now (one) to see if levels have gone up and then to see if to treat me or not.

• Posted

If you have a B12 deficiency then that can cause anxiety. It is surprising to know but the British vitamins greatly affect these things such as mood anxiety depression and stuff. It's unfortunate of me to say but I also have some health anxiety. Mainly for my throat. I wouldn't worry as much. Just take your vitamins or get a B12 shot.

• Posted

I meant the B-Vitamins. Not the "British Vitamins". Lol. Autocorrect is silly.

• Posted

I am going to demand b12 shots on my next visit but still doesn't help the fact I've developed Heath anxiety. I'm on Google 24/7 convinced I've got this/that. Always tempted to go to a&e which is like an anorexic always tempted to excersise.

I've suffered mental health all my life Borderline Personality Disorder which I feel better from now im struggling so much at the moment I can't function. sad

• Posted

Hey, I entirely understand. I'm always feeling the same way. There's always something going on with me too. I'm always having things going on. The strange symptoms never end. If something ends, then another one begins. It doesn't stop. I agree. I'm dealing with my own version of it as well. Just take a breath and think that because you're dealing with anxiety, that it's all in your head. Prevent yourself from looking at things and stop worrying so much about your health. Your worry of your health is also putting more anxiety on you. If you keep going in this circle, it will never end. Learn to take control of it. Take a long breath and just breath out slowly. Tell yourself out loud that you're all right. It will all pass. Just allow it to pass Emma. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.