Health anxiety Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, looking some advice, I was perfectly healthy 34 year old male until last year when I got a sore lower back. I sit all day and it gets sore. For some reason I got it in my head it was cancer, went to doc who assured me it wasn't, even did blood tests to put my mind at rest. I have been to physio and have seen big improvement. Then in July this year I took a sore throat and swollen glands and sore arms, again I assumed cancer!  been to the doc a load of times and they have been very good but just keep saying its a virus. Throat and glands better but my upper arms are still sore I have also started to get a numbness and pins and needles in both hands. Doc says it could be anxiety and not to worry, has done more bloods for vitamin levels etc. She put me on 10mg citalopram, I am on day 4 and feel sick. Hands ok during the day but numb when I wake up. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Any side affects (sickness) should subside within 2-4 weeks.

I worry about Cancer and brain tumours all the time.

Had countless tests and scans and all that dazzle.

The only advice I can give you is to keep getting checked out when you worry, and instead of letting it sit on your mind for a long while- make an appointment as soon as you start getting your thoughts that something going on is due to cancer or any other irrational conclusion.

BEst of luck

• Posted

You could  try adjusting your posture when sitting or typing.

You need to keep your back straight and your neck needs to be pushed back into the chair and not bent over

Your throat, try some losenges Antibacterial type, that may help. Nothing in your above post looks like cancer, so trust your GP

• Posted

Hi Chris,

Perhaps your sleeping positioning is impinging on the brachial plexus...adk doc

• Posted

Hi, it's only started a week ago, I have tried different pillow etc, it's in both hands so can't be position can it? 

• Posted

Hi Chris, yes both hands may be position related. Perhaps a neurology visit is in order if it persists.

Take a deep breath and concentrate on something very pleasant,

judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.