Health Anxiety !!! HELP

Posted , 9 users are following.

I have got Health Anxiety it has been really bad lately am I am totally fed up. I visited the GP yesterday and she has given me Buspar then proceeded to tell me to read the leaflet !! Not great when you have health anxiety.

I feel like I'm going mad I have the slightest pain or ache and I am diagnosing myself going on the Internet and finding what my symptoms are the latest thing is a heart attack as I am having chest pains , I am completely going round in circles , I work full time and it's now affecting me on a daily basis I just can't rationalise things at all.

Does anyone else feel like this and how do you cope?

1 like, 15 replies

Report / Delete

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Natalie! I'm exactly the same as you! Health anxiety obsessed with my heart and on Google ever five minutes! I check my heart rate 5+ times a day! 10 days ago I started venafluxine and I've been slightly better but today has been a bad day!

I'd go back to your doctor as I don't think that's very helpful maybe a different doctor at the surgery if there is one! I've also started CBT which I'm hoping will help! X

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes I've heard CBT is helpful she did recommend this. It's nice to know I'm not on my own , and I find sometimes when you tell people they think I'm mad I'm sure. It's a terrible thing !!

Hope you feel better soon x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi, I have health anxiety to and it was that bad before Christmas I thought I was going mad to, I have high blood pressure and am on tablets for it, but I have been obsessed with my bp monitor I was on it up to 10 times a day, I am settling down a little now have been prescribed cipralex, early days but I am getting there slowly, hope things get better for you soon x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'm exactly the same, every time I have chest pain I think its a heart attack, every time I get other pains I think its a clot and its going to end up in my brain and I'll stroke! Its very hard when you're panicking to rationalise that it won't realisticlt be this, I've got beta blockers though and this stops my jheart racing so stops me me panicking in turn. Starting CBT over the next few weeks though

Feel better x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Natalie, I know exactly how you feel. I've been there and still go through it. First thing you need to do is stay off google lol. You can literally find anything for any symptom that will tell you you're basically dying. I'm not saying these medical websites are bad but for people like us with this certain mind set it can do more harm than good. If your doctor has checked you out take reassurance in that. I would also recommend CBT. I've heard it work wonders. Hang in there! Take deep breaths and everything will be ok!
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I too suffer from health anxiety...Can someone tell me what CBT is?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

CBT is cognitive behavioral therapy. From what I understand it teaches you how to rationalize your anxiety and almost retrains your brain on how to think and interpret certain situations or symptoms in a more rational manner.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Busoar takes a few weaks to hit its peak and its a goid medicine. And easy withdrawls in the future. Hold on it will all get better soon. Classic oanic attacks effect 70% of the body so do your yourself a huge favor and look uo nothing medical at all. You net search healing meditation, meditations, mindfullness..search for the remidies not the medical stuff.its all anxirty relate, your thoughts hinestly do not make it the truth so dont believe the negative mindset. In two to three weeks you will be feeling so much better so try and do slow breathing, no medical searches and keep busy
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I am the same way and it's been so bad the past 4 months I can't worksad right now my legs and arms are so tight my neck is paining for the past 2 nights I had pain down my right leg my back hurts my arms and legs have a burning feeling and the mornings are so bad . I look up all my aches and pains and sensations and convince myself I have a serious disease. One thing will go away andni will get another symptom and then the panic starts all over. It's never ending I have so many symptoms from numbness tingling burning sensation hot and cold spots headaches muscle tension aches muscles twitches all over. I haven't had a panic attack in a while but the anxiety is constant. Have you had these symptoms too
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I feel your pain i too have those symptoms n is was getting better but i stopped tsking the klonopin because it made me feel really sleepy n i have young kids n dnt want to be completely knocked out at night so im going to go back to the doctor n try something new these past days have been bad anxiety can be so frustrating
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi, do you get the hot and cold spot sensation on random spots of your legs and arms? The warm sensation only lasts a second or 2 and feels like a heating pad or cup of coffee was just sat on your leg for a second.? I am so tired of all these different symptomssad it wouldn't be so bad if when one left another didn't come after
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yes i do but mostly in my back n i get a lil tingly feeling in my jaw n today a lil funny irrsting feeling in my chest n my arms n legs are hurting but i hve been off medcine
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up