Health anxiety help pleasee!!! trying to stop taking propronol

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone!

So I suffer really bad health anxiety almost to the point where I feel like my body is gonna shut down and stop working! I get chest pains back ache head aches the lot!!!

Anyways I new something wasnt right when I started having severe stomach cramps so so I went to the doctors! (this is when the anxiety started)

I was reffered for tests and have a diagnoses of PCOS so my mind is much at ease and I feel a lot better!

Before all the tests the doctor suggested I take propronol for the anxiety so I did....

Now im trying to stop taking them as i feel very much ok but I feel really strange

Like my back feels knotted and my chest feels like wind its a really strange feeljng.

Just wondering has anyone else had any side effects of propronol if they have stopped taking them?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stacey,I also suffer from anxiety! Have you asked your gp about stopping meds? I also have reflexology to calm me! I am on propranalol 80 mg x a day! I also take rescue remedy! Please go and see your gp! And a good health food shop regards Amanda
    • Posted

Hey amanda yes ive been to see the GP they advised me to just cut down to 1 a day and then stop,as I havent been on them very long.

I bought some calms to take as its just a herbal remedy so hopefully they will help.

stacey

• Posted

I used to take propranolol but they made me feel dizzy so I reduced the dose from 20mg to 10mg 3 times a day then to twice a day then once a day then stopped. I did this over a period of about a month and was ok when I stopped.

Speak to your doctor if you are unsure

• Posted

so its not just me who feels dizzy with them then. Why is anxiety so stressfull !!!! literally feel like im losing the will to live its draining!
    • Posted

I know how you feel, it's really horrible and I always feel tired. It does help to talk about how you feel I think, helps me feel a little more relaxed if I can share. I hope you have understanding people around you who are happy to listen and not judge

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.