Health Anxiety, help!..thinking I'm going to die

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, this is my first time posting on a forum as I'm not sure how to deal with my problem. It started about 12 months ago. I'd had quite a bad year what with relationship problem and a sudden family death. I was ok until dec 13 when I had noticed a rash on my breast.. I'd been to gp,had an exam and he couldn't find anything abnormal. He told me to go back after 2wks if it hadn't gone. Short story it didn't but I started having panic attacks. I'd started going on Google and was convinced I had cancer and I was dying. Fast forward a month I'd had a mammogram but given the all clear . Initially I felt ok but was still having panic attacks. Went to my gp and was prescribed citalopram. Middle of last year rightly or wrongly I came off the meds as I was feeling much better. It's now back. I was diagnosed with adult onset asthma in December after a serious chest infection. Been prescribed 2 inhalers 1 preventer and a reliever. About 10 days ago I noticed a change in my bowel movements and a pain in my right side over my hip. ..the thoughts are back! I think it's cancer and im dying although some of my symptoms are similar to ibs...Am I going mad?? I'm 42 with 2 children aged 4 and 6 and it's affecting my home life....

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Possibly pre menopause starts throwing all sorts of dumb things at us

did you pick up German measles it's only 24 hours but can leave you out of sorts cancer doesn't come on like that

Yep I got adult asthma you'll be fine mines nearly gone

sometimes giving up antidepressants is they have longish 1/2 life's and the withdrawal can knock In Later

you are doing fine you Have just had a scrappy time and look at all the good things rather than the bad

lovely kids

basically healthy

learnt to love the new independent you

treat yourself hair and pamper day

tc

• Posted

Thanks Gillian,

Just need to know I'm not loosing it really...feel like the slightest thing is worse than it is and that it's life threatening. .

😕

• Posted

Pure anxiety.Have doc prescribe short term benzos and an antidepressant
    • Posted

Have not been back to docs about my anxiety but I think I need to speak to him about going back on citalopram as I did notice an improvement in my anxiety...I know I'm going slowly mad 😕
    • Posted

No you're not just off the rails

see gp get short term tabs to balance you

• Posted

All our life we are on a seesaw which balances itself however every now and again the dam thing tips !!

I know mine did and I've been where you are but I demanded to see a psychiatrist not the gp and I was signposted to many places which have helped and the right medication

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.