Health Anxiety is back :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well.. I started getting chest pains a few days ago.

It was radiating to my left arm. So I called an ambulance (I was out).

When I got there, they did an ECG. They said its all normal, but now i'm afraid I was mis-diagnosed and had a heart attack and that my heart will stop and i'll die.

I'm 14 and i'm terrified. I googled it and it said you can die up to a month after a heart attack. 😦

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Sorry your health anxiety has returned. Guaranteed, about 90% of this forum have thought/had an experience same as you.

You're young, and without knowing anything more about you i assume you're otherwise healthy so i think it's unlikely they'll have misdiagnosed you. Don't google and don't read media online. Yes there are articles about these sort of things happening but statistically speaking the chances are low. A&E staff are highly trained to tell the difference between a real heart attack and anxiety.

However, you'll no doubt wish to seek a second opinion, so i recommend you discuss your fear and concern with your local doctor. They've heard it all and will address your concerns. If they assess you and come to the same conclusion, try to accept this and learn some relaxation techniques x

• Posted

Sorry your health anxiety has returned. Guaranteed, about 90% of this forum have thought/had an experience same as you.

You're young, and without knowing anything more about you i assume you're otherwise healthy so i think it's unlikely they'll have misdiagnosed you. Don't google and don't read media online. Yes there are articles about these sort of things happening but statistically speaking the chances are low. A&E staff are highly trained to tell the difference between a real heart attack and anxiety.

However, you'll no doubt wish to seek a second opinion, so i recommend you discuss your fear and concern with your local doctor. They've heard it all and will address your concerns. If they assess you and come to the same conclusion, try to accept this and learn some relaxation techniques x

• Posted

• Posted

Thanks. 😃

I still have a pain in my chest that rardiates to my arm and abdomen. Do you think i'll be ok? Do you think its true you can die within a month of a heart attack?

• Posted

Honestly i wouldn't even try to think into what you have read, it'll lead you down a dark path. You'll likely have the symptoms still because you're still worrying about it. Try somw relaxation or distraction techniques. Do something that requires concentration and see if that helps x

• Posted

Admin please feel free to delete duplicated posts. Slow response time clicking the cta button has resulted in these. Thanks

• Posted

Admin please feel free to delete duplicated posts. Slow response time clicking the cta button has resulted in these. Thanks

• Posted

• Posted

Hey Matthew,

Been there, done that, I work at the hospital and an ECG can pick up a problem you have had months and months before, so if they said your EGC was normal, then it was normal xx

• Posted

Hey Matthew, it couldn't have been looked at wrong. The ECG gives you a comment, saying normal, do don't worry, its all anxiety, I've been there, I think everyone on this page has xx

• Posted

Oh well, that has given some relief. Thank you 😃

The only fear I have is that I have the warning signs of an incoming heart attack or I have had one since the ECG.

Xx

• Posted

If you had a heart attack you would no about it xx n the hospital would don't let it ruin your life your 14 you will be fine xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.