Health Anxiety is running me ragged!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've always worried about my health from time to time. But the last month has been complete he**.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am so sick and tired of worrying about my health, yet I can't seem to stop. It seems to get worse everyday, especially at night when I'm alone. I, like so many others have googled myself to "death". I am a Christian and I've been praying and begging God for mercy and release from this. I always feel guilty, because if I trusted God then I wouldn't worry! Please someone help me or just talk to me. Oh, by the way I am a 41 year old female with 2 adult children and one 12 year old.

• Posted

Is anyone out there to talk to?
    • Posted

Also, I separated from my husband almost 2 months ago. This is making everything so much worse. I have had problems with alcohol in the past, I almost had 2 years sober and I recently relapsed, this has got me so down on myself. I am very hard on myself. My depression and anxiety has gotten so bad and I feel so pathetic and hopeless. Please help!
    • Posted

No judgment here just a word of warning. Alcohol magnifies depression and anxiety. How about seeking therapy? Health anxiety is quite relentless. I have completed medication therapy some years ago and although i am now labelled psychologically and clinically 'sound' i still am sensitive to health issues. Although now i can laugh about it, know when to stop googling and know when i need to go to the doctor and when not. You are carrying a heavy load now following your separation and have obviously been under a lot of stress. Therapy can help give you a break, relax you and help you recharge batteries so you can rise back up. Sending best wishes.

• Posted

Thank you for reaching out to me. Yes, alcohol does make it worse. I am back to my sobriety now. I also start counseling tomorrow, if I can fall asleep and wake up on time that is.
    • Posted

hahaha yes well i am sure you won't be looking forward to getting up for therapy some of the time at least. To be honest therapy used to just annoy me. Once i was dismissed by psychologists and sent to a psychiatrist i found peace. Medication worked better for me. Being gradually able to face small tasks and responsibilities and regain control of my life i was on a roll. I am 38, female and have two kids aged 11 and 3. I completed 12 years of therapy 3 years ago. Have been symptom free for 8 years and as i told you i am still sensitive to health issues. Which makes me stay informed and on top of my health so it is put to good use if nothing else smile. Please remember that you are not failing in your faith in God. But in your faith in yourself. xxx

• Posted

Being a single female with kids is hard.  I've done it twice.  The second time I was going through chemo and had to let my daughter go live with her father, who was married, because of the effects of chemo.  Most of it is financial.  If that is good great.  Maybe you are worring about gettng sick and not being able to take care of the 12 year old.  Go back to school, get a grant to help you go back to school.  I wish I had done that.  I thought I needed a man to take care of me instead of me taking care of myself.  Get out there and exercise even if you are a skinny thing.  Do it with your 12 year old.  Don't feel guilty of divorcing a man.  Like yourself more.  If you don't like yourself then can't expect someone else to.  Another partner will come into your life...give off the right ora

• Posted

i feel the same way i am a christian and i pray and pray and pray and i feel guilty for worrying even though im supposed to cast my anxiety on him! but no judgments at all i am a 15 year old and i have struggled with health anxiety for a while and i just want to tell you to please please do not go back to drinking. it will only make the problem worse. its like throwing gasoline at a fire thats already out of hand. try going to therapy to cope with these thoughts. I am a very sensitive person and i had bad panic attack just because school was out and since im changing classes and its perfectly fine to be a bit sad for those things like how you said about your seperation with your husband but sometimes if it gets out of hand like in this situation you are going to have to take therapy to help you out and i promise you that you will not be like this forever. also try not to be alone all the time because thats when the thoughts flow in and thats all you can worry about try to hang out with your kids, friends, anyone go to the store. I hope you get a speedy recovery ill be praying for you ! xx
  • Posted

Thank you to all of you who replied with your thoughtful and kind words off encouragement. I went to my first therapy session today. It was a little scary and emotional but I got through it. Thank you God.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.