Health anxiety is such a crippling thing

Posted , 2 users are following.

All through the night I've had a mild unsettled feeling in my stomach. Then it got more intense and I am just freaking out thinking of all the possible reasons. Was it something I ate? Is it a gastritis or IBS flare up. Am I pregnant. Ahhh I am driving myself crazy. I was doing better with my gastritis and ibs. I would hate to think it's acting up again. Why am I not healing? I've made diet/lifestyle changes and was on medication. This is the thing that gets me depressed...when I think I'm doing better and then have a relapse. It really gets me down. I feel like I'll never get better and I'll always be plagued with these conditions. I ate freshly cooked food today so doubt it could be food related. I really hope I'm not pregnant. My body is not healthy enough to withstand a pregnancy. Speaking of which the last time I had intercourse I felt really dizzy after. I had to sit and drink some water and wait a while to feel normal. That really scared me. I don't know what's wrong with me internally but I'm having scary thoughts. Anyone else feel dizzy after sex?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I can't even sleep. I just keep thinking about this upset stomach and why I'm having it. I'm soooo tired but can't sleep.

• Posted

In all honesty, my anxiety has been that bad lately, im not sure i could even have sex. As for the dizziness, its literally nonstop for me, somedays it bad, other days its worse. My doctor told me it was because of anxiety and i didnt believe him because it started after a migraine which can cause dizziness. But 8 months later and im still dizzy and every time my head feels funny or my arm feels a little bit weak I begin to panic and start looking up how normal these conditions are with anxiety to which i've learned anxiety can basically do everything from an itchy toe to a near death experience. I was finally able to make an appointment to see a phychologist about it... In september rolleyes

If i ever figure out how to get over health anxiety, I'll be sure to post it.

• Posted

So sorry to hear. I know how much this can affect a person mentally. It's so awful. Just try to stay calm. You're not alone. Let me know how the consultation with the psychologist goes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.